Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Sleep help..for Momma not baby

Sad but true. My child is asleep, my husband is asleep..yet here I sit awake. This has become a pattern lately and I am not a fan of it at all. Does anyone have any advice to give, or can you possibly shed some light on why this is happening. I have had trouble falling asleep for a few weeks now and when I do finally get to sleep, I am restless through the night. I wake too often, and that results in me dragging the next day.

I am not into taking any type of meds for this. I was given ambien the night before I went into labor to help me get some sleep through contractions and I do not ever want to take that shiit again.

Suggestions? Remedies? Anything.. 

Re: Sleep help..for Momma not baby

• Options
    avoid tv/computers 1-2 hrs before bed, stop caffiene after 3pm (or earlier if it doesn't help) try a cup of herbal tea or warm milk, eat a banana. No exercises 3hrs before bed. Meditation, yoga or just spirtual relaxation.
  • Options

imageJennicap:
    avoid tv/computers 1-2 hrs before bed, stop caffiene after 3pm (or earlier if it doesn't help) try a cup of herbal tea or warm milk, eat a banana. No exercises 3hrs before bed. Meditation, yoga or just spirtual relaxation.

Thank you! I clearly broke rule number one by being on the computer right now. I will try not drinking the caffeine too late in the day however, and the herbal tea is a great idea! I've tried warm milk with no real luck. I use to do yoga several times a week, but not so much since DD has been born, I'll need to pick that back up! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I take ambien every night. I took it over an hour ago though and here I lay in a dark room with the baby fast asleep and im wide awake. I hate it and have been this way for years. The best thing That helps is trying to completely clear my mind and breath slowly. Sorry im no help but I feel your pain.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Oh and something I found helps alot is sleeping on the other side of the bed. Oddly, if I put my head where my feet were Ill fall asleep quick. DH just reminded me to try this so I thought id pass along.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've had the same problem since DH switched shifts.  I'll lay down and toss and turn and when I finally almost fall asleep DS wakes up again.  
  • Options

I think these are good suggestions and I take melatonin and valerian root

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"