1st Trimester

Rosemary & Chamomile?

I'm not sure how real this is. But a friend of mine told me to stay away from rosemary & chamomile while pregnanet. She said that it was some sort of herbel abortion thing some people are doing,,,  I don't know why somebody would do that.... 

I just thought I'd let you ladies know to stay away from these two things,

Wishing everybody a safe and healthy pregnancy!!!  (:

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Rosemary & Chamomile?

• I've heard rosemary essential oil, as well as clove essential oil too. I'm not sure about chamomile, although I do know that this is one of the few diluted essential oils- diluted to a recommended amount, i.e., very dilute- that is OK for babies.  Below is link with a list of essential oils that are not recommended for pregnant women.  It is fine to use as a spice in food, but the concentration in essential oil is not safe- although contact has not been proven to harm the baby, the properties of the oils could cause adverse effects. 

The spice rosemary is ok (according to one of my pregnancy books, but ask your doctor !!) , it's just that essential oils are so concentrated any properties the spice has are very magnified.

https://www.earthyfamily.com/arom-caution.htm

I love essential oils and use them to make my natural cleaning products- I'm just happy that many of my favorites are OK :-)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"