October 2011 Moms
Options

dopplers good or not?

I see that many of you have rented or bought dopplers, but my doctor gave me some info from the mayo clinic saying that even though they are presumed safe, there is a lot of grey area on wether it causes issues with cell division when done to often, like once a week...they dont say its unsafe, they just say its uncertain.....what do you all think/have heard?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: dopplers good or not?

• Options
    My doctor didn't care.  I told her I had rented one and was using it a few times a week for a few minutes at a time and she sort of shrugged like "whatever floats your boat."
    July 20th, 2012: Never forget the day the fb douchebags tried so hard, but ultimately failed. Viva la October 2011! Yeah, I called you douchebags.

BFP 1/18/11, EDD 10/1/11. Born at 37w5d on 9/15/11. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***BFP Chart***

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

• Options

For me, I stress if I dont know the babys okay, and stress is bad too.... so I just use it when I have the urge to know all is okay.?

I havent heard anything with hard evidence that its bad.?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm renting, so it had to be FDA approved, meaning the FDA had to 'certify' that the type of doppler doesn't pose any threat to the baby. That being said, I've only used it once, and will return it around 12ish weeks when we go to the OB again and I have a little more peace of mind. I have heard that you should not use them daily, or for prolonged periods of time. Other than that, I've heard they are safe (I mean, they get used 1x per month now, 2x per month in 2nd tri, and weekly in 3rd tri by your OB).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I decided not to get one, both for this, and because my doctor really didn't recommend it because she has had a lot of women who couldn't find the HB and freak out for no reason - they were just using it wrong. I don't need the added stress.
    EDD - October 13, 2011 - Can't wait to meet our little one! BFP cycle BabyFruit Ticker pregnancy calendar
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"