Cloth Diapering

oh snap!

From FB:

The.Littlest.Forest
Goodmama diapers are cute and all, but you can buy some Little Owls diapers which use the same fabrics for up to $30 cheaper! I'm not knocking goodmama, but that's some inflated prices.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BFP#1 10/26/09 EDD 7/4/10 Beautiful Baby Boy born 2 weeks late 7/16/10 BFP#2 8/23/11 EDD 5/11/12 Natural Miscarriage @ 6 weeks BFP#3 5/22/12 EDD 2/10/13 Stick Baby!

Re: oh snap!

• Haha.  Niiice.
    photo 7ce353dd-36ff-42be-84c5-8548c1d4fa1cjpg
    BFP #1 11/28/09 ~ EDD 8/6/10 ~ DS Born 8/9/10
    BFP #2 8/27/13 ~ EDD 5/8/14 ~ Natural MC 9/18/13 at 6 weeks, 6 days
    BFP#3 3/28/14 ~ EDD 12/7/14 ~ DD Born 11/21/14
    BFP#4 6/15/17 ~ EDD 2/20/18
  • Loading the player...
  • was that on gm's fb page?
  • imagepixy_stix:
    was that on gm's fb page?

I thought this at first too and was like "umm, unprofessional much??"

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I <3 you forever for posting this.  They are in Austin, yay!

DS born 8/2010 - preliminary stages of SN int'l adoption - fur mama to 2 shelter dogs;  cloth diapering, babywearing, EBFing mama

• hahaha- I wonder if it was the owner of that store?
  • MegaPMegaP member

Isn't she a bumpie??

ETA:  I thought her blog was called "Under The Apple Tree" which I know there was a bumpie with that SN so I assumed she was the same person.  They are just connected somehow .

BabyFetus Ticker
    DS1: 10/2005 DS2: 01/2007 DS3: 09/2010
  • imagepixy_stix:
    was that on gm's fb page?

No, it was from The Littlest Forest fb page.  I can't for the life of me remember why I became a fan of the page but I am and this just popped up and I lololololed

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BFP#1 10/26/09 EDD 7/4/10 Beautiful Baby Boy born 2 weeks late 7/16/10 BFP#2 8/23/11 EDD 5/11/12 Natural Miscarriage @ 6 weeks BFP#3 5/22/12 EDD 2/10/13 Stick Baby!
  • As a small business owner myself, I have to say that I think publicly bashing your competition is tasteless, immature and unprofessional. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • MegaPMegaP member

imageyodasmistress:
    As a small business owner myself, I have to say that I think publicly bashing your competition is tasteless, immature and unprofessional. 

I agree. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • She is my friend, her diapers are awesome and I don't think she was bashing GM- just commenting on the absurdity of the craze.

IMO, GM is taking advantae of the cloth diaper craze, but if people are willing to pay the hefty prices I don't blame GM.

Doula, mama and student prego with number 2. Yay! www.endeavorsin.com
  • imageEndeavorsIndomesticArt:

She is my friend, her diapers are awesome and I don't think she was bashing GM- just commenting on the absurdity of the craze.

IMO, GM is taking advantae of the cloth diaper craze, but if people are willing to pay the hefty prices I don't blame GM.

My company is *much* better at what we do than 95%+ of our competition.  But I would never trash talk them to our Clients.  It's just bad form.  

• yeah that was lame.
    Photobucket
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageyodasmistress:
    imageEndeavorsIndomesticArt:

She is my friend, her diapers are awesome and I don't think she was bashing GM- just commenting on the absurdity of the craze.

My company is *much* better at what we do than 95%+ of our competition.  But I would never trash talk them to our Clients.  It's just bad form.  

Are you hiring. I need to get out of the public school game.  

• i am not going to argue over poop catchers. ;) 

i am not going to argue over poop catchers. ;) 

Ironically, this wasn't about poop catchers.  It was about poop catcher makers.  Stick out tongue

• touche.
    touche.

Drinks 

• If it is a good deal people are looking for, I have the answer. I may or may not have received the best feedback on FB, but overall mine are the best. They are slightly used (if you don't mind the stains), and have not bee used since my last child, which was ummmm.....Since 2009 I think.

• My post clearly states that I was not knocking Goodmama diapers. Good for her for cashing in on this craze, all small business owners deserve to make money! I was merely stating that my diapers are just as good and to not look over us little people.

That's all! If Goodmama diapers were more affordable then I would probably buy some for myself.

I'll give anyone on The Bump a 15% off coupon so they can see for themselves if they want. Not trying to start arguments, I'm not a mean girl :)

• MegaPMegaP member

Where's Pixy's ::Puts head on desk thread?::    

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageMegaP:

I may just start another one.  sigh... 

• imageMegaP:

No doubt! 

• I think it's funny that I am the one called unprofessional, yet you ladies are kinda of being childish on a message board. Just saying, food for thought.

We're all moms (or moms-to-be), we're all trying to live and get by. No one is better than anyone else. End of story.

• imageohdearjessica:
    I think it's funny that I am the one called unprofessional, yet you ladies are kinda of being childish on a message board. Just saying, food for thought.

We're all moms (or moms-to-be), we're all trying to live and get by. No one is better than anyone else. End of story.

If you can't see the difference between us discussing CD products on a CD board and a business blasting it's competition via FB status updates then I cannot help you.

• You sure told us.

::snaps fingers in a z::

Sometimes silence is the better part of valor. 

• Actually, you were discussing CD makers, not CD products, which you so clearly stated above. 

imageyodasmistress:
    imageohdearjessica:
    I think it's funny that I am the one called unprofessional, yet you ladies are kinda of being childish on a message board. Just saying, food for thought.

If you can't see the difference between us discussing CD products on a CD board and a business blasting it's competition via FB status updates then I cannot help you.

• imageohdearjessica:
    Actually, you were discussing CD makers, not CD products, which you so clearly stated above. 

imageyodasmistress:
    imageohdearjessica:

Indeed we were.  So.  I shall rephrase.  If you can't see the difference between us discussing CD makers on a CD board and a business blasting it's competition via FB status updates then I cannot help you.

• Well luckily I don't need help then!

imageyodasmistress:
    imageohdearjessica:
    Actually, you were discussing CD makers, not CD products, which you so clearly stated above. 

imageyodasmistress:
    imageohdearjessica:

Indeed we were.  So.  I shall rephrase.  If you can't see the difference between us discussing CD makers on a CD board and a business blasting it's competition via FB status updates then I cannot help you.

• Do you need customers?  Because I don't see how coming here and verbally sparring with a board full of potential customers is helping your business. 

• Well, I wasn't verbally sparring. I came here to simply state I was not bashing GM. That's all!
  • First thought: Oh haha, kind of funny. I should check out the store.

*reads thread*

...nevermind

• MegaPMegaP member

IMO, you should of just left it alone and never came here.  After this thread was created, I am sure there were a few people interested in your diapers and now that you keep going back and forth, they lost all interest. At least this is how I feel, I can't really speak for the others.  

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Yup I looked at your store and thought oh cute, but after all this I won't be wasting my PP and if you were part of this board you would know we support many a WHAM not just GM. We love to find quality diapers not just hype
    Shareena Mom to Ethan 8.17.06 Lillian 9.25.08 Ewan 1.30.11 image
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic For all 3
  • imageMegaP:

IMO, you should of just left it alone and never came here.  After this thread was created, I am sure there were a few people interested in your diapers and now that you keep going back and forth, they lost all interest. At least this is how I feel, I can't really speak for the others.  

Nope, you have spoken for me as well.  I'm turned off by immaturity, especially from a business owner.  

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagepixy_stix:

Do you need customers?  Because I don't see how coming here and verbally sparring with a board full of potential customers is helping your business. 

Um, this.  Not to mention I believe it's against board TOS to promote your store (which offering a discount is doing).  Fine for other people to discuss, but you're not supposed to join the discussion.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagepixy_stix:

Do you need customers?  Because I don't see how coming here and verbally sparring with a board full of potential customers is helping your business. 

Um, this.  Not to mention I believe it's against board TOS to promote your store (which offering a discount is doing).  Fine for other people to discuss, but you're not supposed to join the discussion.

ETA: bump fart, sorry.  Sigh.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagepixy_stix:

This.  I was going to check your product out... not anymore. 

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • imageMWoodside:
    imagepixy_stix:

This.  I was going to check your product out... not anymore. 

Yes
  • imageEpiphany27:

First thought: Oh haha, kind of funny. I should check out the store.

*reads thread*

...nevermind

Yup, this. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"