December 2010 Moms

Working pumping moms- how long will you keep pumping?

My plan is to pump and give BM exclusively for 6 months. Then drop to 2 pump sessions rather than 3 and supplement if needed. I'm hoping I make it that long! I effing hate pumping. Esp at lunch- I only get a half hr, so I pump and eat at the same time. Total pain. I want to just relax at lunch for once!
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Working pumping moms- how long will you keep pumping?

• The goal is to 6 months. If it continues to go well, I'll keep going until I'm tired of it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 9 months then use my freezer stash.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Dx MTHFR (C677T & A1298C, Compound Heterozygous)

• Loading the player...
  • My goal is a year, but I have a very ideal WAH situation where I can pump when I want and LO is only at the sitter's 5-6 hours a day (I still work full time, but I do the rest when she's asleep or when DH gets home).

I also HATE pumping, but I feel like I can't complain too much since I just have to do it once or twice a day.

• My goal the whole time with BF was to do a min. of six months. I go back on Monday and only have to work 2 and half months before summer break so I can last that long easy and then it will be fine through the summer.. I'm not going to pump at work when I return in the fall, so she'll get what I have left of pumping/nursing at night and formula for the rest. I figure we'll be doing pretty good if I can make it the first 8 months.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagemelissa4252008:
    The goal is to 6 months. If it continues to go well, I'll keep going until I'm tired of it.

Same here. Not sure when I'll want to wean, but if I make it past my six month goal, I'll feel good about it.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagerma910:

My goal is a year, but I have a very ideal WAH situation where I can pump when I want and LO is only at the sitter's 5-6 hours a day (I still work full time, but I do the rest when she's asleep or when DH gets home).

I also HATE pumping, but I feel like I can't complain too much since I just have to do it once or twice a day.

This is me, too!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagecurlydoglover:

My goal is a year.

This for me too. I'm pretty lucky with work being flexible and understanding about pumping. It isn't my favorite thing to do but it is a nice excuse to take a half hour break from work twice a day. As long as my supply stays up then I'll keep doing it for a year and see where it goes after that.

• If I can keep my supply up, my plan was to bf/pump for 6 months.  That's June.  BUT, if I can keep it up until June, I might as well pump in June and July, since my work slows considerably and it shouldn't be much of a problem.  If that works out, I'll start weaning in July and plan to be totally weaned by August 1.  That should give us enough BM to make it to 1 year or dang close to it.
    Honor3 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • kat81kat81 member
    indefinitely, but I hope to BF for a year and if that means continuing to pump at work I will. I have a pretty easy situation at work--flexible schedule, and a private room I can go to that no one else uses (not a private office, though, that would be the best.) So it's really not that bad. It's a disruption and it's not comfortable but overall I really like BF so I'll keep it up as long as I can.

• I plan on pumping until Charlie's daily calories come mostly from food and not breast milk. I plan to nurse him as long as he wants in the morning/evening though.

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• I don't really have a plan.  Initially it was at least 6 months, hopefully a full year.  But now that I'm back at work, I'm not sure how long I can list.  I really really dislike pumping.  I had supply issues early on and pumped like crazy to increase my supply, so I got sick of it fast. 

I do have it easy at work though.  I have my own office, so I can actually pump while I work.  Hopefully I'll be able to keep it up for the full year.

Pregnancy Ticker

• I EP and my ideal goal is 1 year. That being said I am trying to keep an open mind and get through smaller goals (3mos, 6mos, 9mos) in case something were to prevent me from getting to 1 year.  If I am hitting the smaller goals maybe I wouldn't beat myself up so much about not hitting my long term goal. KWIM

The pumping itself doesn't bother me so much its the stress that something could happen to my supply. Every time she has a growth spurt I struggle to keep up with her demand. Eventually it seems to pick up but the worry in the mean time is what gets to me.

• My goal has been at least a year, but it depends on too many factors.  There's a possibilty that I'm going to lose my pumping space so it can be used as an office, and if that happens I'll probably have to use a conference room and that makes me uneasy.  But I know that I'll be able to make it until next August.

image  image
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • I'm starting to wean him.  He's been having some formula (about 2 bottles a day) for a few weeks.  This week He's getting 3 to 4 formula bottles a day.

I have a pretty good place to pump at my own office, but I am hardly at my own office.  I work mostly at clients offices and that does not lend itself to an easy pumping situation at all.  My last client was near my house (5 minutes away) so i just went home, but my next clients office is 20 minutes from home and that will not work at all. 

My original goal was to make it 3 months and I pretty much made it 4 months so i am pretty happy with that.

Due June 10, 2014

imageimage

• I'd love to give BM for a year introducing solids at 6 months. I think the ability to feed her some solids is really going to help me not to panic about my stash so much.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • my goal is about what you have....but I'm hoping I make it though....I pump 3 days a day...and when I first started back at work I usually pumped what LO ate for that day and maybe an extra bottle...but for the past week or so we've been having to use a bag or 2 of the frozen....about a month ago I had strep throat for 3 days before I went to the Dr. to get an anti...just thought I had a head cold and took some sudafed...after the fact I was told sudafed can drop your milk production by 20%....so don't know if that's what happened or if I"m just starting to lose it....I have to pump at dinner too and only get 30...so I go into one of the dressing rooms here at the hospital and eat my food, watch tv and pump...ugg
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I don't have a goal other than do give her BM for as long as possible. Supply has been an issue since day 1 and I'm getting tired of fighting with my body. I nurse at home, pump at work and whenever I can at home, and it's still not enough; I have to put an ounce of formula in each bottle. Ideally I'd quit pumping but I think that would result in EFF and I don't want to do that.
  • imageKellina:
    My plan is to pump and give BM exclusively for 6 months. Then drop to 2 pump sessions rather than 3 and supplement if needed. I'm hoping I make it that long! I effing hate pumping. Esp at lunch- I only get a half hr, so I pump and eat at the same time. Total pain. I want to just relax at lunch for once!

Me too.  I miss eating with other adults. I teach, so I'm with kids all day and then I miss out my only opportunity for adult interaction. Since I only have 30 min. I can barely get my pumping session in, which is a different issue.  I still want to go to a year though, as I feel I'm doing what's best for my little guy.  We'll see...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"