October 2011 Moms

Officially not a fan of Craigslist.

I have no trust in people. Kinda hard to sell things when I don't trust I'll get the money, etc.

First email I get is wicked sketchy...only pushing my trust issues further.

Ugh. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Officially not a fan of Craigslist.

• Craigslist is a tricky thing.  I know people who have had great success with it and people who have fallen victim to the dumbest scams.  Some people will e-mail back and forth with you multiple times then throw in some scam. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageUGADawg8:
    Craigslist is a tricky thing.  I know people who have had great success with it and people who have fallen victim to the dumbest scams.  Some people will e-mail back and forth with you multiple times then throw in some scam. 

Well, this person is apparently a dumb scammer...two different email accounts, two different names...but are the 'same' person. 

• Loading the player...
  • they have to pay cash upon pick up and you need your husband or someone else at home with you when you schedule the pick up--do not to handle it alone.

this is the only way it works for me....i don't trust anyone.

photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
  • I am not either! Just today I got a text msg about a job...it stemmed from one I had applied for on Craigslist. I know, its not the best place to look for a job, but I had already applied to several other jobs (all local and I knew of the company) and got almost immediate response, job filled, etc...this last one I didn't get any response until this and when I looked it up found all the info about the scam.

Now if we post anything for sale or want to buy, my DH will be the one to contact.

• imagejonnygurl76:

they have to pay cash upon pick up and you need your husband or someone else at home with you when you schedule the pick up--do not to handle it alone.

They want to send a shipper and a certified check. I'm not sure I trust it. 

• imageAshleyEric609:
    imagejonnygurl76:

they have to pay cash upon pick up and you need your husband or someone else at home with you when you schedule the pick up--do not to handle it alone.

Nope. This is a classic Craigslist scam. There should be a link at the too of the craigslist page with a number to call to report it. I report every time I get a scammy email.
  • Thanks ladies!
  • Nope that is definitely a scam!!! I don't trust craigslist either. We fully inspect anything we buy from anyone, and DH is always with me. We have never made any huge purchases on craigslist either. But speaking of craigslist.. I am buying a dog crate today.. Hope it all goes well, hahah. If you are selling something, tell the buyer to put a certain something, like subject of the item in the subject line of an email. I haven't tried it, but heard you get way less spam that way ;] Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    My little CHD warrior. Born 9/29/11. Got his new heart 10/20/11

BLOG :] & Shaping Up Follow Me on Pinterest
  • imagejonnygurl76:

This. A better plan though is to have your DH meet the buyer at a neutral, public location for the exchange.  Don't allow Craigslist strangers into your house, or even to know your address. Take cash only. Don't give out personal information in your email or encounter.

Waiting for #3!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't trust anyone either. I just bought a cozy coupe for DS the other day, all I did was say I was interested and the lady emailed me her full name, her address, her phone number and when she would be home. My email is completely annonymous and does not even contain my first name, how did she know I was not some psycho? A lot of people are too trusting. I try to meet people in a public location if possible.

m/c 4/4/11 @11w6d Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageAshleyEric609:
    imagejonnygurl76:

That is totally a scam...I can guarantee you that the "certified check" will be bogus!!   

Photobucket

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"