October 2011 Moms
Options

So I met my OB for the first time today...

wow, what a b!tch!  DH couldn't believe her bedside manner.  We are using a birth center/midwife, but they don't offer NT scans and my RE recommended that I get one.  So, I after graduating from my RE on Monday, I made the appt for today to meet with them and scheduled the scan for next week. 

First, she was like, "How old are you, 19, 20?" Um, no. If you read my damn chart you'd see that I'm 29.  Then, she said I need to do a transvaginal ultrasound, even though I just had one on Monday at my RE's office and she had that in front of her.  Fine, whatever.  She pushed DH out of the way and made him go sit in the corner, so he barely saw the screen!  She was so rough and kept complaining that the baby was moving too much and it's taking too long to find a heartbeat and she has other patients waiting. 

I was about to ask her if she can tell the sex (of course, I know it's early but just to screw with her) but I'm positive I would have been punched in the face.  She then said that most patients prefer to schedule their c-sections in advance, so if we have a particular date in mind to book now cause they fill up quickly.  This is a hospital that has a 60% c-section rate.  I couldn't wait to get out of there and am so thankful for my well-mannered midwife and doula.  This doctor is horrible and I can't imagine having someone like that in the delivery room with me! 

Re: So I met my OB for the first time today...

• Options
    TERRIBLE!! My OB is awesome but I only see him every other time, and see the nurse practitioner the other times and she seems not mean but a complete dip-sh*t..shes like UHH OHH yeeaaaa we only do two u/s I mean its not that big of a deal, I can find out what I need without one, its all not that big of a deal....and im like yea I get that you deal with babies all day but this is my first child after a loss and so yea this is a big deal...but jeeze ur OB is a  biyatch! I would have been so mad!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I would call to complain about this OB. She definitely has a superior out there and that person needs to hear about this. Awful experience!!! :(
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That sounds terrible! Thank goodness you don't have to deal with her anymore. Geez. I would call & complain. Thankfully my OB is absolutely amazing and I always look forward to seeing him.
  • Options
    imagePitaBread:

wow, what a b!tch!  DH couldn't believe her bedside manner.  We are using a birth center/midwife, but they don't offer NT scans and my RE recommended that I get one.  So, I after graduating from my RE on Monday, I made the appt for today to meet with them and scheduled the scan for next week. 

First, she was like, "How old are you, 19, 20?" Um, no. If you read my damn chart you'd see that I'm 29.  Then, she said I need to do a transvaginal ultrasound, even though I just had one on Monday at my RE's office and she had that in front of her.  Fine, whatever.  She pushed DH out of the way and made him go sit in the corner, so he barely saw the screen!  She was so rough and kept complaining that the baby was moving too much and it's taking too long to find a heartbeat and she has other patients waiting. 

I was about to ask her if she can tell the sex (of course, I know it's early but just to screw with her) but I'm positive I would have been punched in the face.  She then said that most patients prefer to schedule their c-sections in advance, so if we have a particular date in mind to book now cause they fill up quickly.  This is a hospital that has a 60% c-section rate.  I couldn't wait to get out of there and am so thankful for my well-mannered midwife and doula.  This doctor is horrible and I can't imagine having someone like that in the delivery room with me! 

The receptionist at my midwives office told me I would have to take a form home and have my parent or guardian sign it, "I was like, um, I'm 27." I was shocked! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That is horrible! I always feel so bad for you girls with these awful OB stories. Mine is wonderful, as I know many others here feel the same way, and it just sucks that some of you gals are having to deal with asshats. :(
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"