June 2011 Moms

Recommend your sandals

I'm looking for a new pair of sandals or flip flops - my 3-year-old Reefs just aren't cutting it right now.  I think I need something with arch support or some sort of structure, but I don't want to spend a ton of money.

I've looked at Fit Flops, but whenever I try them on, it seems like they'll rub really badly between my toes - that piece seems really hard!

Does anyone have sandals that they love?  That aren't too ugly, and are still comfy with your currently achy feet and back?

Thanks! 

Finally updating my signature and avatar, August 29, 2011 (better late than never!) Jake! (born July 3, 2011 - 6 days past due) Image and video hosting by TinyPic December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Holiday Movie Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Recommend your sandals

• Maybe a new pair of Reefs will do the trick. I know all mine get flattened out after wearing them a lot. I love my Reefs and can't wait till it's warm enough to break them out. I have like 4 different pairs.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image"">imageimage
  • Rainbows are awesome sandals.  They are pricey for flip flops, but worth it.  DH and I are still wearing the same pairs from 3 years ago.  They hold up well, have great support and last forever.  The double thick is well worth the extra couple of dollars too.

One word of caution: The breaking in period is not comfy.   Once broken in, they are like slippers. 

TTC #1 5/97 - PCOS dx 6/10 - Metformin 8/10 - Moved from Endo to RE 9/10 - 50mg Clomid 9/10 - 100mg Clomid 10/18 - BFP - Beta #1 = 91 - Beta #2 = 958 EDD 6/28/11 Tater Tot arrived 6/21/11 on his Great Grandmother's 90th Birthday
  • Loading the player...
  • As weird as it sounds, I LOVE the $12 birkenstock lookalikes you can get at Walmart.

They are the most comfortable, supportive sandals I've bought for less than $75.

Wearing them every single day, I wear them out over the course of a summer, but I mean... it's $12/year, or $100 for something that will last 5 years. It works out in the end. I also wear mine from April through to November, provided there's no snow. 

And Then There Were Three...
    Married: 08/14/10
    Baby #1 Born: 06/18/11
    June Moms Blog
  • well, i've had the same pair of birkenstocks since 1999.  i'll admit that they don't exactly look beautiful after such extensive wear, but they still feel great!  and if you average out the initial investment over such a long period of time, it was well worth it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagecvl105:
    Maybe a new pair of Reefs will do the trick. I know all mine get flattened out after wearing them a lot. I love my Reefs and can't wait till it's warm enough to break them out. I have like 4 different pairs.

Me too! When I saw the title of the post I was about to say Reefs. I have them in black, brown and tan.

• BORN makes a amazing sandal!! I treked all over Italy and Greece on our homeymoon and felt like I was walking on clouds the whole time. I just put mine on today and am totaly bummed that my foot seems to have grown/enlarged a whole size bigger. Looks like ill be heading over to DSW tomorrow.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageSpceCadet:

Rainbows are awesome sandals.  They are pricey for flip flops, but worth it.  DH and I are still wearing the same pairs from 3 years ago.  They hold up well, have great support and last forever.  The double thick is well worth the extra couple of dollars too.

One word of caution: The breaking in period is not comfy.   Once broken in, they are like slippers. 

This! I wore mine today and no ankle swelling (unlike the lovely cankles I got from my $2 ON pair a few weeks ago). 

• imageSpceCadet:

Rainbows are awesome sandals.  They are pricey for flip flops, but worth it.  DH and I are still wearing the same pairs from 3 years ago.  They hold up well, have great support and last forever.  The double thick is well worth the extra couple of dollars too.

This exactly!  Once broken in (which was tough at first) these are some of the most comfortable and well made flip flops I've ever owned.  Definitely worth the price!  

• I just bought a pair of black Croc flip flops for a trip to Florida.  I wore my sneakers down and wore the crocs the entire week night and day. They were soooo comfortable and surprisingly cute!
  • I have a pair of Clarks and I LOVE them
  • imagemesr:
    well, i've had the same pair of birkenstocks since 1999.  i'll admit that they don't exactly look beautiful after such extensive wear, but they still feel great!  and if you average out the initial investment over such a long period of time, it was well worth it!

Me, too. I also have Keens and Chacos that I totally love, but they are a bit pricey. I spend all day on my feet, though, and refuse to wear uncomfortable shoes that aren't supportive.

• imagemesr:
    well, i've had the same pair of birkenstocks since 1999.  i'll admit that they don't exactly look beautiful after such extensive wear, but they still feel great!  and if you average out the initial investment over such a long period of time, it was well worth it!

Me, too. I also have Keens and Chacos that I totally love, but they are a bit pricey. I spend all day on my feet, though, and refuse to wear uncomfortable shoes that aren't supportive.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"