Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Best way to return items without a receipt?

I never did a registry, but we ended up having very generous friends who sent us a bunch of stuff anyway.  I now have two large shopping bags of brand new with tag clothing and blankets that I just don't need, but with no gift receipts.  Most of them are Carters so I know Target, Babies R Us, etc carries them but I'm not sure where to go to return them?  I just want a store credit for whatever the current selling price is.  What is the best way to go about this?
Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Best way to return items without a receipt?

• Options
    we returned things to target and just told them we got them as baby shower gifts and wanted to return them. all they wanted was a drivers license and gave us a gift card.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Target doesn't carry actual Carter's items, they carry an in-house brand made by Carter's. Your best bet to return anything would be Kohl's. They have the best return policy and they'll take anything back and give you store credit. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

and if that doesn't work you can do what i ended up having to do for babies r us...although it would be a lot of work for you since u have 2 large bags of clothes.. anyway, since i had registries already i just searched for the stuff on the site, added it to my registry and then marked it as purchased. then printed the registry, took it to the store w/the items. they took everything back and gave me a gift card. all they had to do was scan the bar code on the registry and it was no problem after that.

good luck! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"