Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

OPK timing

I have used OPKs in the past, but this month I am really going to get serious about using them!  I have read that people suggest testing am and pm so you don't miss the surge.  But, I also thought I read you shouldn't use FMU.  Is that true?  If I don't test first thing in the morning, I don't think I would have a chance to test in the am.  I don't want to take my little dixie cup and pee stick to school with me!

TIA

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: OPK timing

• Options
    That is true, no FMU. I only test after work around 5pm because I dont want to test at work either.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagetkhrabs313:

I have used OPKs in the past, but this month I am really going to get serious about using them!  I have read that people suggest testing am and pm so you don't miss the surge.  But, I also thought I read you shouldn't use FMU.  Is that true?  If I don't test first thing in the morning, I don't think I would have a chance to test in the am.  I don't want to take my little dixie cup and pee stick to school with me!

TIA

I heard no FMU as well but my RE's nurse told me to use FMU. I was using ClearBlue Digital OPK and caught my surge with FMU. I would test at least 2 times a day sometimes more.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers daisypath PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Unexplained infertility HSG-clear, DH SA-Great 3 cycles Clomid TI with OB/GYN Switched to RE Jan2011 Feb2011 100mg Clomid + trigger + #1 IUI=BFN Mar. 12,2011 100mg Clomid + Estradiol + #2 IUI BFP 3/20/11, Beta #1 12dpiui 174, Beta #2 17dpiui 1660, Beta #3 21dpiui 6687 image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagePecanSam:
    imagetkhrabs313:

TIA

I heard no FMU as well but my RE's nurse told me to use FMU. I was using ClearBlue Digital OPK and caught my surge with FMU. I would test at least 2 times a day sometimes more.

I guess go with the instructions they come with. Mine say no FMU. I kept getting positives for days when I used my FMU. Your FMU will have a higher amount of LH, not giving you an accurate reading.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I was constantly testing, morning, afternoon, and night, I think the rule was at least 4 hours from the last time you pee'd. Btw the Dollar Tree has the ovulation predictors for $1 each! I know other ladies on here order the little test strips too, but I really like the OPK's and Pregnancy tests from the Dollar Tree.

Married my best friend October 28th, 2005
    Found out we're expecting August 7th, 2013  
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Options

When I used OPK's, I would do FMU and afternoon when I got home from work. If it weren't for FMU, I never would have gotten a solid darker line.

To each their own, but I know several ladies that would recommend FMU and afternoon urine. 

Good luck.

**TTC since 10/2009** **BFP 4/15/12- Dx Molar Pregnancy- Surgery 5/15/12 & 5/22/12** **BFP 1/23/14- 1st Beta (1/24/14) 171 2nd Beta (1/28/14) 860** Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

I worried about testing at work too, but I do Embarrassed

I just take my OPKs and pee cup in a ziploc bad so I can dispose of the 'evidence'

image image imageimageimage  

CFNBC after 8 losses and IF || History || My Angel Babies

• Options
    I use FMU because when I did afternoons I never got any lines because I drink a lot of water during my work day so when I come home I always have to pee so badly and it was just water.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Wow I feel like a TTC Rookie and I'm not... I've only been using OPKs ONCE a day in the AM, FMU.  Have I been doing this all wrong?!  Man!  Regroup!
    <3 Baby #1 BFP 6/10/2011-EDD 2/19/2012-DS Born 2/10/2012!
    :'(  CP BFP 1/6/2013-EDD 9/19/2013-CP 1/9/2013
    <3 Baby #2 BFP 1/3/2014-EDD 9/12/2014 -DD Born 9/10/2014!
    <3 Baby #3 BFP 7/8/2018-EDD 3/17/2019-Team Green!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"