Pregnant after 35

Good OB appointment today :)

Went for my 31-week appointment (it was also a follow up to my latest L&D run on Friday), and got only good news.  I have not dilated any more since Friday (currently at about 2 cm), baby's heartbeat is a strong steady drumbeat, and I passed the 3-hour glucose test (whew!).  AND, Doc said I can go to my work baby shower tomorrow... yippee!  Doc did a fetal fibronectin test too, and I'll find out the results in a couple of days... hoping to get another reprieve from worrying about pre-term delivery so I can make it to my next milestone of 34 weeks (well I have to make it to the 32 week mark too, but Doc was already moving on to the next hurdle, which was encouraging).  

I go back to the cardiologist on Monday to follow up on the new medication, and I imagine he'll have to up the dosage because I'm not seeing much improvement on my heart rate.  

If this is not making much sense because I'm leaving out too much, see my blog for the full story (link in siggy).

But happy day today, happy happy day... for the first time in a few weeks I'm feeling like things are working right and I might just make it to full term!

Ten months: Mr. Giggles!
Photobucket
A10 March Siggy: Next vacation - Maine!
Photobucket

kikijbunny (formerly kikijbird)
Our jbunny born April 17, 2011 at 34w 1d (EDD May 28) due to irritable ute + early dilation

Mommy Blog: And Baby Makes Pi
Pregnancy/Baby Blog: Eggs Over Anxious
BFP chart

Anniversary

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

imageimageimage

Re: Good OB appointment today :)

• YAY!  That sounds like a great appointment, very reassuring!  I hope you make it to term, and then get an easy delivery!
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Kiki so glad things went well today! Here's hoping for full term. JM

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

IF History in my Bio!

• Loading the player...
  • good news!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thats great Kiki! Glad things are progressing well!  Heres to making it to week 34!
  • Glad to hear that.
  • Woohoo Kiki!!! Glad to hear your 31 week appt. went well. Wow, just a few more weeks to full term!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers/Users/udeozo/Desktop/MS30.jpg
  • Wow, Kiki- can't believe you are already 31 weeks!  I'll be sending T & P that your LO stays put for another 4 or 5 weeks :)
  • sounds like a good appointment.  Yeah!!  I am glad you got good news you needed some.  Hoping you make it past 34 weeks.
    image Sandy RIP 1-11-09 imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yay!! Great news!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • QE2QE2 member
    Congratulations on such a good appt! Happy day to you :)
    TTC since 3/08 DOR, High FSH, Hypothyroid, Uterine Polyps, blocked tube, MFI, 5 rounds of clomid, 5 IVF attempts, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 natural conceptions=2 losses (Methotrexate, D&C) Successful DE cycle twins born 10/7/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • All of that sounds great...cheers (with juice/water) to your next milestone of 34 weeks. 
  • Congratulations on the good news! Hopefully, you can breathe a little deeper and easier. 

Out of curiousity- My doc also said week 34 was a milestone. And I guess I was so focused on week 37 I did not realize this. What happens at week 34? Sorry, for the question -  I haven't picked up Baby 411 in a few weeks... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yay!!!  So glad to hear you received lots of good news at your appointment.  Here's to uneventful upcoming weeks!
  • Hooray for a great appointment!  Now, relax and enjoy your shower!!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"