Stay at Home Moms
Options

Quick - organic fro yo for 9 month old?

I'm taking the boys to frozen yogurt because we're having a heat wave and it's like 85 out!  We go to an organic frozen yogurt place.  I believe it is considered low-fat, not whole milk frozen yogurt.  Do you think it is ok if I give some to our nine month old baby?  I give him the Yo Baby organic yogurts, but those are whole milk and of course I know what's in it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Quick - organic fro yo for 9 month old?

• Options
    I wouldn't do chocolate, but fruit or vanilla should be fine. Low fat won't hurt hime, it just isn't meant to be used as a replacement to whole fat. Have fun!
    BabyFruit Ticker On our way to 3 under 4! DD1 1/22/09 DD2 7/16/10 Baby Boy Due This Summer!
  • Options
    I'd probably give him a couple tastes from mine, but I wouldn't give him an entire serving.
    Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

When Jude was that age, I probably would've said no.  Now with Noel, I'm like, "Oh, you are chomping on paper?  You are happy?  Ok!"

LOL - so yes, go for it! 

• Options
    Hahaha yeah ds1 didn't even have a cookie or any other sweets till his first birthday cake. Even then I scraped off the icing. But I've loosened up a lot! He doesn't have to have full fat all the time. No biggie. I would just worry about any other allergens but it's unlikely.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Of course-

Then again- my 6 month old is eating just about everything- including trying to eat the cats food.

Chase ate an entire egg and half a slice of toast today.

The only way I can get Gisele to eat anything is by telling her i am going to give it to Chase to eat.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

As long as there isn't any raw egg in it (like there is with a lot of homemade icecream) I would feel ok about giving LO some.

Big E (6) & Little E (2.5)
  • Options

Ok, he had a little bit and he appears to be fine!  I agree, the issue was more with what if there was a possible allergen in there, but so far so good.  I didn't give him much, just some on the tip of my spoon. 

Thanks for the input ladies.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"