April 2011 Moms
Options

Anderson has arrived!!!!

Anderson arrived 3 weeks early on Sunday, March 27th at 1:59pm. Even though he was 3 weeks early he weighed in at 8lbs 12 oz and is 21 and 1/2 inches long.

Birht story....

I woke up at 1:30am on Sunday with my hand on my crotch feeling something wet. Got up to walk to the bathroom and left a dripping trail. I set down on the toilet to pee and caled to my husband "I think my water broke". He woke up and said "really" then came down the hall and saw the trail I left. I called the birthing center who said to come on in and get checked.

Got to the birthing center around 2 and was checked. i was only 1 cm and 50% which made me think we had a long road ahead of us. By mom arrived around 4 and by then I was really feeling like I was in labor. I wanted to go med free but was getting no break between contractions. At 8 am I was saying "I want drugs". My doctor arrived at 9:15 and checked me, I was 3cm and 60%. I asked for something to take the edge off and was given 5mg nei-ban (sp?).  This really helped to relax me between contractions. I was checked again at 11:30 and was 6cm and 100%. I got up and labored on the toilet until 12:30 when they made me move to hook me up to the monitor. Our amazing nurse took a potty chair and put it up against a wall with pillows so I could labor on it while on the monitor. This spot was amazing! They placed the hospital bed tray in front of me with a pillow so i could lean forward and wrest on it.

By 1:30 I was really feeling the need to push. My mom went and told the nurse and my doctor came in the check. They didn't dream I would be 10cm and 100% but i was. The mad rush to get ready started and I tried not to push. I pushed for 12 minutes and he was out. With no Epi! and no meds since the nei-ban  almost 5 hours before. Once i had pushed him out and he was on my chest i asked them to unhook me from the IV because i didn't want any meds while i was nursing. The nurse DH and my mom all laughed and told me I hadn't had anything for 5 hrs! I had it in my head that the IV I was on had the nei-ban in it!

Anderson came out with his fist next to his face which caused a pretty bad tear. It took my dr. 1 and 1/2 hrs to stitch me up. I'm very surprised at how little it hurts now with  over 50 stitches!

We are now home and doing very well. my husband has been so amazing and I keep thinking I'll wake up from this amazing dream. Anderson is nursing so well and sleeping well too! We are getting about 6 hrs of sleep a night!

Wow! If you read all this. I thought i would be short... LOL Sorry for all the sp errors but I have never been able to spell well and right now could care less if i do. lol

Re: Anderson has arrived!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"