February 2011 Moms
Options

Induced moms

Did any of the induced moms on this board have magnesium to prevent seizures? How was your experience with it? I had a horrible experience and I felt like I had been drunk for a week. I hardly remember things about my delivery and I am still upset that I cannot remember giving birth to my first born.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Induced moms

• Options

I am sorry you don't remember parts of the birth. That has to be rough... 

I don't have any experience with magnesium myself but a friend of mine did. They gave it to her for her blood pressure... it was too high. The magnseium is used to lower blood pressure because of preeclamplsia, that can cause seizures and other bad stuff to mom and baby.

As far as the effects of it, yes it made her feel like sh!t. She said she was dizzy and sick to her stomach like she had a hang over all the time. She was only 28 weeks along when she had pre-e symptoms and bleeding. They gave her magnesium sulfate to keep her blood pressure down and she was on bedrest. They tipped her bed so that she was going upside down. her head was way lower than the rest of her to keep the baby off her cervix.

I was induced  (water broke all three times but given pitocin to augment labor) and I was never given magnesium sulfate.

• Options
    Yup. I was given Magnesium because I was induced due to pre-eclampsia/ pregnancy induced hypertension. I don't wish magnesium on anyone. It was the worst.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was induced due to pre-e and high blood pressure and I was never given magnesium. I ended up with an emergency c-section under general anesthesia though so I can relate to being upset about missing the birth if your child.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"