3rd Trimester
Options

Any success with membrane stripping?

I'm having my membranes stripped tomorrow and am curious how it worked out for those who have had it.

What was your experience? 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Any success with membrane stripping?

• Options

It hurt a bit while she did it, but it was no big deal really.I held my hubby's hand and made faced at the pain. I had no bleeding or anything, but I know some people do.

My appt. was in the afternoon on my due date, and my water broke at 5 am the next morning. Maybe he was ready to come out anyway, but I give credit to the membrane stripping.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't, but my girlfriend did two weeks ago on a Wednesday, and her water broke 2 days later.  No way to know if that helped or not...
    Jack 3.5.07 / Ethan 9.17.08 / Lauren 4.3.11 image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Had it done twice with my DS...I dont know if that was the reason I walked around 3 cm for about 2 weeks, but I ended up being induced at 39 weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    I had it done yesterday morning. I was really crampy all day yesterday and having a good number of contractions (but not painful). Today I'm not having as many though and the cramping has stopped. I guess we will see...
    Hannah born 4/5/11
    TTC #2 since 1/14
    Miscarriage d/t blighted ovum 8/14
  • Options

imageracheleo:
    I had it done yesterday morning. I was really crampy all day yesterday and having a good number of contractions (but not painful). Today I'm not having as many though and the cramping has stopped. I guess we will see...

Good luck & labor dust to you! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I had mine done on Monday and it hurt...I was 2 cm... I have had bloody mucus plug and lots of cramping but have not gone into labor...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    With my son I had it done at 39w 4d.  My water broke about 2 days labor and was in labor for 33 hours!  My suggestion is, unless you're overdue or h ave a real reason to have the baby early, don't have your membranes stripped until you're overdue.  I am not going to allow this intervention this time.  Granted, everyone is different, but I feel like my water broke before it was really ready.
  • Options
    I had it done with my dd and the doctor told me to follow it with bd from the back Wink and I went into labor a few hours after that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"