Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

The hair pulling. Oh God, the hair pulling!

ANYTIME my hair is anywhere close to Meg, she grabs it and holds for dear life.  I pull it up as soon as I go pick her up and anytime I'm around her but if the ponytail falls near her, she grabs it.  And if she can't grab the actual tail, she'll grab the hair close to the scalp.  Yeah.  It sucks.  I am at my wits end!  IT HURTS SO BAD! 

Do I have to just shave my hair off?  When will this stop?  I don't know if I have a tender head or what but I swear my c/s didn't hurt this bad!

My hair is about medium length now but I'm thinking about getting it cut to shoulder length.  Do you think that would help?  Would it actually be more painful (like when she's pulling it from close to the scalp in a ponytail) if it was short? 

Does anyone else feel like they are constantly in a catfight with the hair pulling?

Re: The hair pulling. Oh God, the hair pulling!

• Options
    I agree. It's getting a little out of control. I never realized how strong babies are. Sheesh.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My hair is shoulder length and he can still grab it -- I think it's worse because I can't pull it back into a ponytail.  I wouldn't suggest cutting your hair to solve the problem.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageBBRE:

ANYTIME my hair is anywhere close to Meg, she grabs it and holds for dear life.  I pull it up as soon as I go pick her up and anytime I'm around her but if the ponytail falls near her, she grabs it.  And if she can't grab the actual tail, she'll grab the hair close to the scalp.  Yeah.  It sucks.  I am at my wits end!  IT HURTS SO BAD! 

Do I have to just shave my hair off?  When will this stop?  I don't know if I have a tender head or what but I swear my c/s didn't hurt this bad!

My hair is about medium length now but I'm thinking about getting it cut to shoulder length.  Do you think that would help?  Would it actually be more painful (like when she's pulling it from close to the scalp in a ponytail) if it was short? 

Does anyone else feel like they are constantly in a catfight with the hair pulling?

This.  I thought this would help. It didn't.  Mary Kate manages to pull it, even little random strays.  And then she'll stop and stare at it, as if examining it.  All I've been able to do is say 'no no, owie' when she does it and pull my hair from between her fingers. She's either starting to understand what I'm saying, or she's waiting to get a bigger bunch of hair the next time around. I can't decide...

• Options
    I have short hair (just below the ears) and DS still gets a handful now and then. I started a few months ago taking his hand when he gets a grip and pressing on one of his knuckles to release and saying "we don't pull mommy's hair" it hasn't stopped the probably completely but he yanks less.
  • Options
    when I had DS1 I cute my hair about shoulder length if not right above...it did not work out well for me! It wasn't long enough to pull all of it up in a pony tail and he just continued to pull it. I left my hair long this time and put it up all the time! DS2 likes to grab the hair that kinda frizzels and comes out of my bun/pony tail right at my neck and that hurts like no other. My pedi told me that since he is to young to communicate that doesn't mean he can't understand what I'm saying. So I've been telling him no, or we don't do that and things to that sort. Kinda like when I heat up his bottle on the stove I tell him it's hot. I don't know if it'll really make a difference but I did notice that yesterday my mom was holding him and she yelled because he had a hold of her hair and I poked my head out of my room and told him "No J we don't do that" his eyes got big and he let go. I don't know if he understood or if it was my tone of voice but he let go. 
  • Options

Oh crap, I was really hoping shorter hair would solve the problem.  I don't think she pulls any else's hair like she does mine.  And yes, the wispies!  She pulls the wispies too!  I told my husband that between the PP hair loss and her hair pulling, I'm not going to have any left!

It's weird too because she has started pulling her own hair.  She doesn't have much but whenever she's taking her bottle, she just grabs as much of her hair as she can and she pulls until it tugs out of her little fists.  Apparently it doesn't hurt her (maybe she's superhuman, who knows) because she doesn't cry or fuss.  Me telling her "no" when she pulls my hair is not helping at all.  I guess I'll just stick to the ponytail and continue being firm with the no's.

• Options
    imageBBRE:

Oh crap, I was really hoping shorter hair would solve the problem.  I don't think she pulls any else's hair like she does mine.  And yes, the wispies!  She pulls the wispies too!  I told my husband that between the PP hair loss and her hair pulling, I'm not going to have any left!

It's weird too because she has started pulling her own hair.  She doesn't have much but whenever she's taking her bottle, she just grabs as much of her hair as she can and she pulls until it tugs out of her little fists.  Apparently it doesn't hurt her (maybe she's superhuman, who knows) because she doesn't cry or fuss.  Me telling her "no" when she pulls my hair is not helping at all.  I guess I'll just stick to the ponytail and continue being firm with the no's.

lol DS2's hair isn't long at all but since he can't he's started grabbing at his eyes or ears or my nose and mouth! J kept pulling my hair the other day and everytime I would pull my hair out of his hand and tell him no he'd just keep going back for more...after going at this for about 15 mins I pulled my hair out of his hand lightly smacked his hand and told him NO. He tilted his head to the side like my dog does and looked at me like I was nuts....but he stopped. I feel like all my hair at the base of my neck is gonna be gone within a couple of weeks!

• Options
    imagesamanthat09:
    imageBBRE:

lol DS2's hair isn't long at all but since he can't he's started grabbing at his eyes or ears or my nose and mouth! J kept pulling my hair the other day and everytime I would pull my hair out of his hand and tell him no he'd just keep going back for more...after going at this for about 15 mins I pulled my hair out of his hand lightly smacked his hand and told him NO. He tilted his head to the side like my dog does and looked at me like I was nuts....but he stopped. I feel like all my hair at the base of my neck is gonna be gone within a couple of weeks!

This is hilarious!  So he stopped for the moment, but has he continued to pull your hair after that?  I'll gladly spend the 15 minutes with her pulling my hair if it will make her stop!  :)

• Options
    imageBBRE:
    imagesamanthat09:
    imageBBRE:

This is hilarious!  So he stopped for the moment, but has he continued to pull your hair after that?  I'll gladly spend the 15 minutes with her pulling my hair if it will make her stop!  :)

Lol it was so funny! He still tries to pull it but now when I say no he loosens his hand will slowly let go. I felt bad but it obviously didn't hurt him just got his attention....the look on his face though was priceless! lol

• Options

Lol try putting your hair in a tight bun.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD does this too. she actually reaches for my hair to grab it.  I have to remember to always have a hair tie with me. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Ohh how much I hate the hair pulling! I wear a skinny headband with a pony tail. The head band seems to keep the strays back so she can't grab on. Might not be the cutest look but it saves me from a migraine.

• Options
    I have daily headaches from the hair pulling.  I can't wait for the day that it stops.  I just keep pulling my hair back and telling him "not to hurt Mommy."
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I feel your pain, literally.  I thought putting it into a ponytail was the answer and then he figured out there was a ponytail back there.
  • Options
    The ponytail was solving all my problems. Then, tonight, he found the wispies on the back of my neck.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Haha! I definitely have lost a bunch of hair since being pregnant. I don't know how I have any hair left either! The skinny band with a ponytail is a good idea! I can handle a little bit but when she grabs those wispies... OUCH!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"