Trouble TTC
Options

IUI and lining question.

Hi ladies, I haven't posted in quite awhile but I have a question. What was your lining for IUI cycles? We are on our third medicated cycle right now, and my lining has never been stellar (6.9 is the best I've ever gotten)... this will be IUI #2.  I went this morning for us/bloodwork and I have two beautiful mature follies and two more that are 'borderline' in size.  Ideally I will do Ovidrel today and then go in the morning for IUI (only one time this time because we are headed out of town for the weekend) The problem is that my lining was just barely over 5mm. Sad My NP seemed to be optomistic that I might be able to thicken it up before implantation would occur. It does have the triple line look of a mature lining.  But all the information I can find online (Google is not my friend) points to that it is not even worth going through with IUI with lining that thin.  I am feeling particularly emotional and worried today, for whatever reason, and I thought that maybe you all might have some words of wisdom to share. Thanks!

Married 8.4.07
BFP #1 4.15.11 Twin girls born 11/17/11
BFP #2 10/16/13 m/c at 9w
BFP #3 4/7/14 EDD 12/13/14

Re: IUI and lining question.

• Options

Dr. Google is not your friend.

I did not do an IUI, but I did have what I considered to be a thin lining at trigger. It was just under 6. I asked my RE about that- and he told me that recent studies indicate that 8 isn't shown (statistically) to be any more successful than 7 or 6. He said he worries when your lining is 2-3. And- it is true- I did have a few more days to grow a lining prior to implantation.

I am holding out hope that the 6mm lining is thick enough...

Good luck! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Lining was a problem for me with this last IUI. The first two I was just over 6 mm, which is good enough according to the studies (but not great). This third one, my lining was only 5 mm. I had two follies at 17 mm, so we waited one more day to see if things would improve. The next day I had one follie at 22 mm, one at 17 mm and a lining of 7.5 mm.

So things can improve! I know some RE's will put you on estrogen patches to improve the lining, but that can also stall follie development. In my case she didn't want to keep those two 17 mm follies from growing, so we hoped that things would improve without intervention, and they did. Good luck!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 since 2009 with unexplained infertility
    IUI#1-4 Jan.-Apr. 2011 = BFNs
    IVF#1 Aug. 2011 = c/p, FET #1 Nov. 2011 = c/p, FET #2 April 2012 = BFP!
    Beta #1 = 153, Beta #2 = 269, Beta #3 = 675
    1st U/S = TWINS!! EDD 12/29/12
    my blog: Journey to Somewhere
    ~~PAIFW/SAIFW~~
    Photobucket
    April IVF Spring Chicks

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was given Estradiol to thicken my lining quickly and it worked like a charm. Did they give you an RX?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers daisypath PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Unexplained infertility HSG-clear, DH SA-Great 3 cycles Clomid TI with OB/GYN Switched to RE Jan2011 Feb2011 100mg Clomid + trigger + #1 IUI=BFN Mar. 12,2011 100mg Clomid + Estradiol + #2 IUI BFP 3/20/11, Beta #1 12dpiui 174, Beta #2 17dpiui 1660, Beta #3 21dpiui 6687 image
  • Options
    They did not give me a prescription for Estrogen of any kind. I talked to my NP again about it this afternoon when she called with my Estradiol blood levels (375!) She said she's not worried because I have shown that my lining will thicken above 6 in the end in my previous cycles. I am taking her word for it I suppose! I am just worried and I want so badly for everything to be perfect conditions. I want this to be our Christmas baby!
    Married 8.4.07
    BFP #1 4.15.11 Twin girls born 11/17/11
    BFP #2 10/16/13 m/c at 9w
    BFP #3 4/7/14 EDD 12/13/14

• Options

Aww, good luck dear, I'm hoping for a Christmas baby too.

I have had lining issues as well (never over 5.9 mm) but the US-based doctor I'm consulting with said the same thing.  While thicker linings (>10 mm) do have a slightly higher pregnancy rate, there's no difference between 5 and 8.  And the rate for a 5 mm lining was ~34% so that's still a great chance!

The previous two cycles, my Kenyan RE has been super concerned about lining thickness and last cycle he prescribed estrogen.  My follies went from 14/15 on CD11 to <10 on CD14 so for me, estrogen caused a regression.  I know a lot of people swear by it but it worked the opposite for me.  You may get pregnant with a thin lining, you won't with no eggs. 

Mama to a baby girl born 1/21/2012.
    Currently back stateside but missing Kenya!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"