Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

need to vent!

Ok, I just need to vent for a few...

Since DS has been born I've pretty much bled non-stop. The drs have tried everything imaginable to get it stopped but it nothing has worked. The OB who delivered DS decided that the best option was to do a D&C and endometrial (sp?) ablasion.  I woke up in recover a lot later than I expected...about 1hr45 mins after they took me in when the procedures were supposed to only take 30 mins. Turns out, they punctured my uterus during the D&C and had to take quite a while to get it under control.....and didn't even do the ablasion.

I'm more sad than pissed b/c I'm TIRED of bleeding!  ahhhhhh

The Dr had to get back to the office so I didn't get to talk with him but he did speak with my husband. He said he'd call me to tomorrow to talk about it and see what options we have. That realllllly irks me!

Re: need to vent!

• Options

That sounds awful. So sorry you have to deal with that. I bled for 6 weeks PP and thought THAT was bad. I also just had my first PP period for a full 2 weeks- can't imagine bleeding for 9-10 months. It seems weird to me that they haven't been able to get that under control by now... Is the puncture considered malpractice? Hope they can figure it out soon and get it stopped!

Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• Options
    imageRachelilly23:

That sounds awful. So sorry you have to deal with that. I bled for 6 weeks PP and thought THAT was bad. I also just had my first PP period for a full 2 weeks- can't imagine bleeding for 9-10 months. It seems weird to me that they haven't been able to get that under control by now... Is the puncture considered malpractice? Hope they can figure it out soon and get it stopped!

it has been miserable! I'm not sure about the malpractice, I did sign waivers so I guess they're covered but it makes me so nervous what else could happen. The dr is a close friend of my parents (which makes this 10X worse if it ever comes up as possibly malpractice). 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageBrandi Bee:
    Ugh, I'm so sorry.  Have you considered a method of BC that will help with periods?

I've tried seasonale, ortho-tricyclen-lo, the depoprovera shot, estrogen pills, lysteda (a medicine to make blood clot)....all did nothing for me.  

• Options

Hi - I lurk and never really post but I just wanted to make a suggestion in case you haven't heard it before....a friend of mine had bleeding issues that the dr's couldn't get under control and she finally went to an acupuncturist and within one or maybe two sessions she was feeling better and stopped bleeding.  It wasn't birth related bleeding it was some other condition but the acupuncture worked....just a thought if you haven't already tried it.  I am sorry you are dealing with that - I can't even begin to imagine the frustration.  Good Luck and hope it stops for you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"