Cloth Diapering

I hate to admit this....

But after protesting GM for so long...now that I have one, it really does fit DS the best of all my fitteds.  Ugh.   Figures his butt would have expensive, hard to come by taste!

(Edited for spelling)

photo 7ce353dd-36ff-42be-84c5-8548c1d4fa1cjpg
BFP #1 11/28/09 ~ EDD 8/6/10 ~ DS Born 8/9/10
BFP #2 8/27/13 ~ EDD 5/8/14 ~ Natural MC 9/18/13 at 6 weeks, 6 days
BFP#3 3/28/14 ~ EDD 12/7/14 ~ DD Born 11/21/14
BFP#4 6/15/17 ~ EDD 2/20/18

Re: I hate to admit this....

• which one do you have?

DS born 8/2010 - preliminary stages of SN int'l adoption - fur mama to 2 shelter dogs;  cloth diapering, babywearing, EBFing mama

• yeah they do fit great.  They are the best fit on dd right now.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageastroMom:
    which one do you have?

Mix Tapes (thanks to pixy! :)

I technically also have Party Hats, but it's still NIP while I decide if I'm going to use it for 1st Bday photos.

photo 7ce353dd-36ff-42be-84c5-8548c1d4fa1cjpg
    BFP #1 11/28/09 ~ EDD 8/6/10 ~ DS Born 8/9/10
    BFP #2 8/27/13 ~ EDD 5/8/14 ~ Natural MC 9/18/13 at 6 weeks, 6 days
    BFP#3 3/28/14 ~ EDD 12/7/14 ~ DD Born 11/21/14
    BFP#4 6/15/17 ~ EDD 2/20/18
  • Yep.  My son will outgrow the rise loooong before PL'ing but the fit in the surged knits (and some turned knits but not all of them) is spectacular right now. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageyodasmistress:
    Yep.  My son will outgrow the rise loooong before PL'ing but the fit in the surged knits (and some turned knits but not all of them) is spectacular right now. 
    Maybe not! Reese is in the 90-95th percentile for height and they still fit her well!
  • MegaPMegaP member
    I may whine about the prices but I have to admit they are pretty nice.  

BabyFetus Ticker
    DS1: 10/2005 DS2: 01/2007 DS3: 09/2010
  • imagesweetpea18:
    imageyodasmistress:
    Yep.  My son will outgrow the rise loooong before PL'ing but the fit in the surged knits (and some turned knits but not all of them) is spectacular right now. 
    Maybe not! Reese is in the 90-95th percentile for height and they still fit her well!

Tomasz is literally off the charts for height and weight.  At not quite 6 months he is currently wearing size 18 months clothes.  They say babies triple their birth weight by 1 year which would put him at 30 pounds.  And they say that babies reach half their adult height by age 2 which means he will likely be 38"+ tall at that point.  His(1&only)wife said her kiddo was a little smaller than Tomasz at this age and now, at just age 2, he is wearing size 5 clothes.  I don't think even a surged, knit GM will accommodate that!  LOL.

• imageyodasmistress:

/quote]

Tomasz is literally off the charts for height and weight.  At not quite 6 months he is currently wearing size 18 months clothes.  They say babies triple their birth weight by 1 year which would put him at 30 pounds.  And they say that babies reach half their adult height by age 2 which means he will likely be 38"+ tall at that point.  His(1&only)wife said her kiddo was a little smaller than Tomasz at this age and now, at just age 2, he is wearing size 5 clothes.  I don't think even a surged, knit GM will accommodate that!  LOL.

Random, is Tomasz Polish?  I was emailing with someone named Tomasz today in Poland.  :-D  It's just a funny coincidence, since it isn't a common name.

DS born 8/2010 - preliminary stages of SN int'l adoption - fur mama to 2 shelter dogs;  cloth diapering, babywearing, EBFing mama

• Yoda...I can fit a serged knit on my DS- He's 3.5 and tall!! Wovens are a different story though. I like to try all my diapers on him just to see how long they last.
  • imageastroMom:

Random, is Tomasz Polish?  I was emailing with someone named Tomasz today in Poland.  :-D  It's just a funny coincidence, since it isn't a common name.

Absolutely!  It is pronounced "To-mosh"  The first o is long and the second syllable sounds like "mosh" in "mosh-pit".  My husband's whole family is Polish - at family gatherings his mom and grandma and aunts talk in Polish the whole time.  And we have vodka on Christmas.   Stick out tongue

• imageyodasmistress:

...And we have vodka on Christmas.   Stick out tongue

Yes 

• HA! We have Boilo on Christmas.
  • We like them too!

Yoda, my DS was almost 9 lbs at birth, and at 10 months he was only 18 lbs. I bet once your guy gets moving he slows his gain - then you can get MUCH more use out of your GMs! :) 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Yup, I agree.  I always tell people to say what they want about the fans, the marketing, the craziness- but the fit is pretty fantastic.  She really nailed it.
  • imageyodasmistress:
    imageastroMom:

Absolutely!  It is pronounced "To-mosh"  The first o is long and the second syllable sounds like "mosh" in "mosh-pit".  My husband's whole family is Polish - at family gatherings his mom and grandma and aunts talk in Polish the whole time.  And we have vodka on Christmas.   Stick out tongue

Woot for being Polish!  My birth last name was Ciolkosz.  My bio-dad's family was all from Poland too.  It is why I went with Alina for my baby girl... and luckily my boyfriend like this name.  I had more ethnic ones picked because I love Slavic and Polish names! 

• imageyodasmistress:

imagesweetpea18:
    imageyodasmistress:

Hahahaha a serged, knit GM wouldn't even cover half of Quinn's butt at this point!!  He fit them until about 16 or 17 months when he was about 35" tall and at that point I started destashing them in favor of toddler size fitteds. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • They do fit super well! I wonder if she'll even come out with a toddler size?

I have been surprised by how some dipes are actually quite a bit roomier on DD now that she's running around so much. I can see GMs fitting for a long while even though she's 99% for height (and, erm, weight lol).

image Lucy, 12/27/2009
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageHis(1&only)wife:
    imageyodasmistress:

imagesweetpea18:
    imageyodasmistress:
    Hahahaha a serged, knit GM wouldn't even cover half of Quinn's butt at this point!!  He fit them until about 16 or 17 months when he was about 35" tall and at that point I started destashing them in favor of toddler size fitteds.

People who just have "big" babies really don't understand what it means to have an ENORMOUS baby.   We are doing "transition week" this week at daycare, which means I'm there WITH my son for several hours each day.  The room goes up to 18 month olds and he is the second largest baby in the room.  It's weird to see kids that are *way* smaller than him walking around!

• imageyodasmistress:
    imageHis(1&only)wife:
    imageyodasmistress:

imagesweetpea18:
    imageyodasmistress:

People who just have "big" babies really don't understand what it means to have an ENORMOUS baby.   We are doing "transition week" this week at daycare, which means I'm there WITH my son for several hours each day.  The room goes up to 18 month olds and he is the second largest baby in the room.  It's weird to see kids that are *way* smaller than him walking around!

While I can't attest to how fitted CDs work (we use bumGenius pockets), I can say that I know EXACTLY what you're talking about with a large baby. My DS was 19 lbs at 4 months and 30 lbs at 1 year (8 lbs, 5 oz at birth so more than tripled his weight)...then at 18 months, he had only gained a few ounces from his 12 month appointment so he was still under 31 lbs (and I actually go right when he's those ages). The only difference, really, between 12 and 18 months for my DS was that he grew almost 5 inches! It's amazing how much kids thin out. I am still asked on a very regular basis if DS is 3 or 4 years old...and he's not even 2 yet!

• imageMidwestTexan:
    imageyodasmistress:
    imageHis(1&only)wife:
    imageyodasmistress:

imagesweetpea18:
    imageyodasmistress:

While I can't attest to how fitted CDs work (we use bumGenius pockets), I can say that I know EXACTLY what you're talking about with a large baby. My DS was 19 lbs at 4 months and 30 lbs at 1 year (8 lbs, 5 oz at birth so more than tripled his weight)...then at 18 months, he had only gained a few ounces from his 12 month appointment so he was still under 31 lbs (and I actually go right when he's those ages). The only difference, really, between 12 and 18 months for my DS was that he grew almost 5 inches! It's amazing how much kids thin out. I am still asked on a very regular basis if DS is 3 or 4 years old...and he's not even 2 yet!

Quinn is most often mistaken for a 4 year old.  He is 36lbs (at least) and about 39" tall.  He wears a size 10 shoe and 5t clothes, actually he is growing out of the 5t!!  It is ridiculous!!!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageHis(1&only)wife:
    imageMidwestTexan:

Quinn is most often mistaken for a 4 year old.  He is 36lbs (at least) and about 39" tall.  He wears a size 10 shoe and 5t clothes, actually he is growing out of the 5t!!  It is ridiculous!!!!

Is it weird that I love that you all have hugamongous kids too?  Makes me feel less freakish.  LOL. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"