Cloth Diapering
Options

Uh oh! NCDR vent with a CD question at the end...

I was put on bedrest last week due to severly high BP (160's/110's!!) and it has since come down to a safer level though it is still higher than my doctor is comfortable with. As of this afternoons appointment, since my contractions are getting slightly stronger, though still not at all consistent, she decided that if I make it to 38 weeks on my own and continued bed rest doesn't lower my bp further, then she wants to induce me. Here's the part that relates to CD's- my bathroom/laundry room renovation (on the only full bathroom in the house) started feb 28th and is still not done. Yes, you read that correctly, I have not had a shower/tub in my house for almost five full weeks. (since I have no other physical symptoms for pre-e, ect I attribute my high bp to dealing with the bathroom fiasco while working full time and coaching). Although bed rest has eliminated two of the stressors, the d*mn bathroom/laundry room is still not done. While I started building my NB stash about 20 weeks ago I havent had a hot water hookup to my current basement laundry so I hadn't prepped anything yet (b/c the d*mm bathrom was supposed to be done three weeks ago and I was going to have plenty of time!!) So the question, after you've made it through all that rambling/venting is, would it be worth it to boil my prefolds and wash them and my used fitteds in cold water? Or would they not get clean enough to bother? I guess worst case scenario is that we use disposables if she comes before we can properly prep everything, but we both really want to avoid that! Edit: sorry the paragraphs didn't show up, I'm on my iPhone at the drs waiting to see what she decides based on a rating of 6 we just got at the biophysical u/s...
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Uh oh! NCDR vent with a CD question at the end...

• Options

I would go ahead and boil the prefolds and wash everything a couple times on cold to prep them. Some people always wash in just cold, so I think you'd be fine.

Good luck!

image image image image
  • Options
    Thank you for the response! We have another biophysical u/s Saturday morning and hopefully she'll cooperate this time and show the dr's what they want to see, otherwise they'll want to induce right away! *insert oh crap face here*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"