June 2011 Moms
Options

Oh DH....

DH was looking at my shopping list of some things I wanted to pick up for me to have post-baby.  First he asked why I would need pads.  I told him,"I heard you can bleed a lot afterwards".  He said, "I thought you were probably having a c-section?"  "Yes, but apparently you bleed still."  Then he wanted to know what in the world I needed 'nipple cream' for.  "Well, rumor has it that your nips can crack and bleed when breastfeeding and the cream can help."  His response........"I am so not ready for this."

So I am the one who may be cut open, bleeding from the vag and nipples, but HE is not ready.  ::Shaking my head::

Re: Oh DH....

• Options
    hee hee! husbands are so cute!  
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP 11/18/13. EDD 7/25/14. It's a BOY! 

Surprise BFP 7/30/13. EDD 4/7/14. Natural MC 8/24/13

• Options
    imagelola6711:

DH was looking at my shopping list of some things I wanted to pick up for me to have post-baby.  First he asked why I would need pads.  I told him,"I heard you can bleed a lot afterwards".  He said, "I thought you were probably having a c-section?"  "Yes, but apparently you bleed still."  Then he wanted to know what in the world I needed 'nipple cream' for.  "Well, rumor has it that your nips can crack and bleed when breastfeeding and the cream can help."  His response........"I am so not ready for this."

So I am the one who may be cut open, bleeding from the vag and nipples, but HE is not ready.  ::Shaking my head::

I feel you girl... I feel you. lol. Granted, it's not my first time, this time... but my husband is still quirky like that. *sigh* 

Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LOL.  Men.  It's like they either take it on as their own or the opposite, downplay what they will never themselves experience....
    My sister and I are both PG (she's 12 weeks) and we were showing her husband this link (which I got from a fellow bumpie on this board) and he looks at it and goes...."What's so bad about that?"  We both just bugged our eyes out and started saying "Look! The stomach and liver are like in the BOOBS!  Everything is so squished!!!"He's like, "It hardly moves, it's not that bad."We both paused, looked at each other, then looked at him and said in unison, "No uterus, no opinion!"  (A favorite Friends quote of ours.)
    June 2011 Mamas October Siggy Challenge - Then & Now Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

He may need a pg book to read. I've tried to prepare my FI about delivery and all the lovely happenings after...including possible tearing. He doesn't seem to get too freaked out, but there's still a lot he doesn't know. It always annoyed me that he looks at more computer stuff online than baby development. I guess that part is up to me in his opinion. Maybe this is how all men are :P

The pp bleeding and my FI not understanding it is almost comical. I asked him "why do women bleed every month?" No real response from him. I explained sloughing off of the lining and how that is kept in during the whole pregnancy, and all the other stuff going on. I think he understands now, but not understanding why a period happens...man, junior high failed him.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

this sounds like something my H would say.........

so very clueless - but cute at the same time!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

haha reminds me of when SO mom said she found a really cute clock that matched our nursery theme to help me keep track of nursing time.

SO says and I qoute "I dont even want to know what that is but it just sounds wrong so dont even tell me."

I just laughed and said it was another word for bf men sometimes they are so clueless.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"