2nd Trimester
Options

Sneaking over early! and travel question

Hi ladies, Excited to officially join you next week! Saw my two little ones waving at us and poking each other at my NT scan this week, so things are starting to feel a little more real!

DH and I have a trip booked to Jamaica when I will be 20 weeks for a friend's wedding. Today is the last day to cancel with minimal penalty, and of course my doctor's appointment isn't until 5:20pm and the travel agent needs to know by 5. I'm not too worried about the flight - only 4 hours - and our insurance covers us in Jamaica AND I'm getting an additional policy for more coverage just in case. (Can you tell I am paranoid??)

Given all this - and knowing ultimately I will do whatever my doctor says no matter what the cost if we have to cancel last minute - would you feel good about planning to go on the trip? Or would you cancel "just to be safe"?

Thanks for your input! I know doctor knows best, just looking for some other perspectives too.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Sneaking over early! and travel question

• Options
    As long as your doctor gives you the green light and you are comfortable / feel well enough going, go.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm traveling to Grand Cayman at 28 weeks, so I'm all for it! Of course, if I was pregnant with twins I wouldn't travel at 28 weeks, but I would travel at 20 weeks if it was ok with the doctor. I'm right at 20 weeks now and I feel great and could definitely handle a vacation.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm over early too! ; )   I would call and talk to a nurse and see what she says, since you can't talk to your doctor.  I, personally, wouldn't go, just because I would be way to nervous, especially with twins, but I tend to be a little paranoid anyways. ; ) 
    www.mvstephenson.wordpress.com Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I just got back from a week in St. Lucia and had no problems. Go for it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I talked to a nurse who basically said I should never travel when pregnant with twins, which can't be right. So, I went ahead and booked it! I'll talk to my doctor today, if we have to cancel I'll suck it up but hopefully all will go well and we'll be able to relax on the beach one last time with no kiddos running around!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I'm flying next week (23 weeks pregant).  Granted I'm not pregnant with twins but I feel terrific and the dr. gave me the okay.  I don't anticipate it being an issue.  I'll let you know next week :)
  • Options
    I travelled to visit a friend at 25 weeks, even had to sprint thru an airport to catch a connecting flight. I am totally fine and hopefully you would be as well at 20 weeks. Just take it easy and enjoy Jamaica! I am so totally jealous!
    BFP 7/31/10 m/c 8/16/10
    BFP 10/25/10 Brynn Helen born 7/7/11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"