Cloth Diapering
Options

Sometimes I really want to strangle DH (NCDR)

DH called me today to tell me that I didn't put the new insurance card in the car so he got TWO tickets on his way to work, and then tells me that oh btw, I just got a speeding ticket.  First off, the insurance card is on his desk, where he put it about a month ago.  AND it turns out his "speeding" was going 30+ over the limit. 

He now has a mandatory court appearance and the new IL law states that 30mph+ over is a class B felony, which means most likely he'll lose his license for 6 months, and will have up to a $1500 fine and up to 6 months jail time.

I have a home daycare and we share a car.  He thinks that if he loses his license I'll be driving him 40minutes to work every day with all 3 kids, and during nap time none the less.  NOT happening, all 3 car seats don't even fit in the car if I wanted to.

Being pregnant is not helping the situation because all I can think about is I'll be in labor and have to call my mother to drive me to the hospital because my stupid husband lost his license!  

Alright, vent over!

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Sometimes I really want to strangle DH (NCDR)

• Options

ugh. That's frustrating. I dread tickets and that whole process.. Hopefully it works out and he can get a lesser penalty? There is always public transportation (for him of course, not you)!

I feel you on the pregnancy hormones and the "strangling" DH feeling. DH didn't pay a $3 toll and I found out now he owes $280 for that violation. It's ridiculous that he let it go on so long without contacting them or paying.  Ridiculous! We could have used that $277 for a lot of other things. Like fluff! (haha okay jk, I just wanted to make this light hearted).

Hope you feel better soon!

Photobucket Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    that bites.  I would hire a lawyer and see what you can do about getting the penalty lowered so that he won't lose his license.  And wtf was he doing driving 30 over?  I would read my DH the riot act for being so reckless.  
    Gretchen Evie, born 7/8/2012 at 35w5d
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemonona9:

...  Ridiculous! We could have used that $277 for a lot of other things. Like fluff! ...

HAHAHAHAHA! I loved that.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickers
  • Options

Wow!  30+ over?  If my boyfriend was caught doing that, he had better have a good explanation.  Actually, I am pretty sure there is no explanation for going that much over a speed limit.

Hope it all works out for you!  What an inconvenience that would be.  I agree with talking to a lawyer or finding out if there is some other sort of punishment they can arrange.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Men are real knuckleheads sometimes.  Angry

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imagedaenikoffre:
    imagemonona9:

...  Ridiculous! We could have used that $277 for a lot of other things. Like fluff! ...

HAHAHAHAHA! I loved that.

Bahaha.  I must admit that this was my reaction when I found out that DH got his wheels locked and $140 worth of parking tickets for parking in a 30-minute parking spot on campus for an hour.  I had told him countless times that he needed to be careful, that the campus parking service workers are brutal.  

Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • Options

30 over is very scary!  Tell him you need him around!

While we are venting, hehe...hubs was supposed to cancel a service we don't even use that costs $21/month.  I think this was like a YEAR ago, maybe more.  I found out yesterday that he never canceled it.  He told me he *tried*.  Um, are we just going to keep paying $21 forever?!  I think our contract self-renews for a YEAR!  At least mention it, so I can take over (which I have now done)!

DS born 8/2010 - preliminary stages of SN int'l adoption - fur mama to 2 shelter dogs;  cloth diapering, babywearing, EBFing mama

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"