Breastfeeding

XP: Who can diagnose this? some TMI involved here...

After almost 8 months of nursing bliss, my nipples hurt/burn.  They are a tiny bit cracked and "flakey" and slightly pink-- the left more so than the other.  For the last week, the left one felt fuller and I had discomfort on that side, but not the right. Supply has dwindled some from AF, but it's coming back I think. Pumping and Nursing hurt equally on the left side-- not the right.

I am trying Lanisoh.  I have consulted Kellymom.  I don't think it's thrush.  I don't think LO's latch has changed even though he's got 2 bottom teeth coming in.  Kelly mom said that pain may come with AF, but the cracks, too?

What else should I consider?  And after no improvement, who should I consult?  My OBGyn?  LO's pedi?  An LC?  I have never seen my PCP-- so I'd prefer to see my OBG.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
Love, luck, and prayers to my BFPB Dr. SnowflakeBride

Re: XP: Who can diagnose this? some TMI involved here...

• Sounds like thrush but I always have nipple pain leading up to AF. If it is thrush you don't want to use the lansinoh cream. Would see your OB or a LC. 
  • Many thanks!  I've got a call in to an LC.  I agree -- the signs point to thrush, but because it's much worse on the one side and LO doesn't show any symptoms, I'm thrown for a loop.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Love, luck, and prayers to my BFPB Dr. SnowflakeBride

• Loading the player...
  • It does sound like thrush to me.  I had nipple thrush (worse on one side at first) and LO never got it.  It was in the very beginning and I had a crack on the side he had a harder time latching on to.  Maybe your LO's teeth have made small cracks or cuts for the thrush to enter.  Hang in there and try Grapefruit seed extract and probiotics, it was the only thing that worked for me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Try rinsing your nips with a vinegar and water mixture and go without a bra. Do not use the lansinoh or any cream, it will feed the yeast and keep it trapped.

this helped me so much with my month long battle with thrush:

https://www.breastfeedingonline.com/yeast.shtml

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"