Babies on the Brain
Options

Name question

I know this isn't the baby name board, but I like it better here.  We'll be finding out what we are having on April 19th but I'm trying to come up with boy and girl names in the mean time.  We haven't reached any consensus on girl names, which were really easy for us last time.  For a boy, we both like William or maybe just Liam.  We generally are not fans of nicknames.  Middle names are still up for debate.  Which do you guys prefer?[Poll]
imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Name question

• Options
    That's tricky.  You could name him William and still call him Liam.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I love Liam, but I feel like it's becoming too popular. If you don't mind that, then totally go for it! William is classic and strong and you can't go wrong with it.
    Warning: Bring Your Own Tissues...
    imageimageimage Sushi Sister to Meg 'n' Eric
    "I love glitterfarts and pregnant unicorns." ~ Tim'sWifey
    "Pregnancy is a beautiful thing, a natural thing, and how dare you degrade it with your yuppie wanna be rapper and his rhymes." ~ Melaneigh
    "Keep your eyes wide open before marriage, and half shut afterwards." Benjamin Franklin
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageChatham2007:
    I love Liam, but I feel like it's becoming too popular. If you don't mind that, then totally go for it! William is classic and strong and you can't go wrong with it.

This is my fear.  Charlotte got ridiculously popular after we picked it for DD.  We know 2 other Charlottes just within our group of friends.  I'm afraid Liam would be too trendy, but at the same time, if we use William I doubt we would ever use a nickname for it.

imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

I love the name Liam, but I had a nasty ex named Liam so I can't use it. But its one of my favorites.

I don't get naming your kid something but intending on calling them something else. If you're going to call your baby Liam, then name him Liam.  Also, I don't think it's trendy, it's an old name.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagecaffinated_tulip:

I love the name Liam, but I had a nasty ex named Liam so I can't use it. But its one of my favorites.

I don't get naming your kid something but intending on calling them something else. If you're going to call your baby Liam, then name him Liam.  Also, I don't think it's trendy, it's an old name.

I generally agree, but we are planning on naming a son Michael Alexander & calling him Alex. My dad's name is Michael, & my cousin is Alexander, so for less confusion, we'd go with Alex.

I like Liam or William. In fact, if we had a second boy, he'd be William. Sorry, I'm no help.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"