Austin Babies
Options

s/o peanut allergy--severity q's

Reading about the severity of the girl's allergy--breathing in the dust--got me to thinking.

How is it determined how severe an allergy is?  Do you only find out when it happens? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: s/o peanut allergy--severity q's

• Options
    Allergy prick tests can show the severity on a scale, like 1 - 5 or something.  My parents get printouts that list their allergies in order from worse to least.
  • Options

imageHSartteach:
      Do you only find out when it happens? 

Sometimes. We had a kiddo who reacted to a kiss on the cheek from Grandma. Grandma had been eating Peanut Butter cookies earlier in the day. Like 6+hours before contact with the child. She honestly didn't know or think that there could still be trace amounts left.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageTaytee:

imageHSartteach:
      Do you only find out when it happens? 

Sometimes. We had a kiddo who reacted to a kiss on the cheek from Grandma. Grandma had been eating Peanut Butter cookies earlier in the day. Like 6+hours before contact with the child. She honestly didn't know or think that there could still be trace amounts left.

wow.  I would have thought the same way she did.  I didn't know things could be that severe.
  • Options
    Yep, my mom and brother both have it like that. At lunch my brother couldnt even sit in the school cafeteria because kids around him would be eating PB &J sandwiches. My mom and brother cant step foot in a restaurant that uses peanut oil. It was no fun growing up!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"