TTC After a Loss

Xrays and TTC

Does anyone know any information about getting Xrays while TTC?  Just curious- I got a foot x-ray 2 weeks before ovulating.  I don't think I have much to be worried about, but was just wondering if anyone else has heard differently. 

Pregnancy Ticker Missed m/c 11/30/2010

Re: Xrays and TTC

• I wouldn't worry about it.  No radiation near your baby making parts and it was 2 weeks before ovulating.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • hmm, interesting thought... i know it's not recommended while pg, but that they can/will still perform them if needed or an emergency.

I'm actually planning on trying to schedule foot surgery in the next two months since TTC doesn't seem to be going as planned.  I figured if I did get pg I'd cancel the surgery... never thought about the x-rays prior to O (I was going to make sure they were scheduled before the 2WW)... thanks for asking!

BFP#1 11.2.10 | EDD 7.9.11 | HB 7w2d & 8w4d | missed M/C 11w2d | D&E 12.21.10
    FSH at 14.5 - 4.21.11 | CCCT - (CD3 8.8,CD10 12.2)| dx w/ DOR @ 28 yrs old
    IUI#1 + clomid 8.29.11 (our anniversary)
    BFP#2 9.10.11 | EDD 5.21.12 | beta 1 @ 14dpi:232 | beta 2 @17dpi:703 | beta 3 @24dpi:7,174
    Baby A HB of 142(7w), 161(8w), 164(9w) | Baby B no HB, Vanishing Twin
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • your fine. Good luck. your chart looks good so far!
    DC:#1 10/2006 born at 40 weeks (33 weeks PTL)
    DC#2 born silent at 22 weeks 1.11.11
    Dc#3 born vbac 1/2012 <bra DC#4 born VBAC 3/2014
  • ::::::Siggy Warning and Butting In..........:::::

Any time you need and xray just ask for shielding. Any xray tech will be more then willing to protect you. I actually had a CT during my 2ww, and thats a ton of radiation compared to plain xray. Trust me on this one, I am a Special Procedures Xray Tech...GL with your foor surgery!

"You and me together can do anything, baby!!" DMB
    Married October 16th, 2010
    TTC #1 since October 2010
    1st BFP 1-12-11
    MC'd 1-22-11
    2nd BFP 2-15-11
    Our Wee One....**KENNEDY JO** born 10/3/11@ 36weeks via Csection
    My BFP Chart
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Labor Buddy to **MRS.ATCH** Welcome Quinn 11-5-11**
  • I'm an x-ray tech also, and actually 2 weeks before you O'd is the safest time during your cycle to have an x-ray.  A very low level of radiation is used during a foot x-ray and I would not worry at all about this affecting your chances this month.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I actually had to get x-rays on my wrist last month and it was a couple days before O and I asked the referring doctor AND x-ray techs and they both said no, I would be fine!

image image imageimageimage  

CFNBC after 8 losses and IF || History || My Angel Babies

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"