October 2011 Moms

Question re: Sonoline doppler

So Ive been looking at the Sonoline B dopplers on Ebay and I noticed in the description it says this :

"Also Available , 2 and 3Mhz probe   . Generally , the higher frequency , the higher resolution , the shorter  detecting distant . You can chooce one depends your fat built on belly and size of fetus"

So which should I get if I am overweight? I know the hb has been found as my dr. found it and we heard it on Tuesday, but I dont want to get the wrong probe size. Do I get the 2 since there is probably more fat in between the doppler and baby? Or am I just understanding it incorrectly?

Any insight?

Thanks ladies!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Question re: Sonoline doppler

• That's what I thought too! I just asked the company selling the item and explained I was overweight and didnt know which probe to get...they actually said the 2! Ill go with that first and hopefully it will work for me!

Good luck with yours! :)

• Hah! But I just googled it and got this!

I am overweight, can I still use a 3Mhz probe?

Yes, although you may want to wait until after 10 or 12 weeks to order. Some people who are overweight may not be able to detect the heartbeat as early as 8-10 weeks, however, after 12 weeks most people of all shapes and sizes can pick up the heartbeat rather easily.

A 3MHz probe is usually better at picking up a heartbeat in the early weeks (in averaged sized women), a 2Mhz probe is better for picking up an early heartbeat in overweight people. After 12 weeks though there is usually no difference in 2 or 3 MHz probes. Once the baby moves up out of the pelvic region (after about 12 weeks) the heartbeat is pretty easy to find with either probe.

Seeing as I wont get the thing for at least a week...I think I'll go with the 3!

• Loading the player...
  • I got the sonoline B 3 Mhz. I am not very overweight but have a thicker waist line and I have been able to find both of mine since around 10 weeks.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• I got mine on Monday and am a little overweight and have been able to find the HB every time.  My LO seems to be hanging out on the right side near my ovary. I got the 3MHZ one and have not had any problems with it.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"