Cincinnati Babies
Options

I need craft help

I need a template to use to cut a very large letter out of styrofoam.  I was thinking something as simple as paper to lay on the foam in order for me to trace around it and cut the letter out.  The problem is, I need it to be about 16" x 20", so it would be fairly large.  So, my printer is out since I cannot print that big.  I thought about buying one of the wooden ones you see at a craft store then returning it once I trace the letter onto the foam, but I am not finding anything nearly as big as I want.  I hate to order something online and mess with shipping if I am not wanting to keep it.  Any ideas?

Kristen & Mike 7/2005
Griffin 10/2007
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: I need craft help

• Options
    You could get the letter printed on a large format printer at staples or kinkos, then cut it out to use as a template.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I can free hand a mean cheerleader sign making type bubble letter Stick out tongue
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Do you have access to a projector? You can project the letter on the wall and then trace.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageidenticaltwins2be:
    I can free hand a mean cheerleader sign making type bubble letter Stick out tongue

For some reason this is cracking me up.

• Options

I would try Kinkos or a local printer. I know I had my wedding seating chart printed on paper the size of a poster board and then they glued it to the board and I know for sure it was less than $10 so I can't imagine them just printing 1 letter would be more than a few bucks.

We use a printer called Minuteman Press and I am sure they would do it for you as well, if you have one near you.

6/28/10: Lost our sweet baby Addyston at 18wk 1day to pPROM 7/24/11: Michael William born at 24wk 2d due to IC after an emergent cerclage at 18wks, 4wk home BR and 2 weeks hospital BR. Grow strong our little Miracle! 9/17/11: Michael joined his sister in heaven after 8 amazing weeks with us on earth. He fought a very hard fight but NEC was too much for him in the end. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I would try Kinkos or a local printer. I know I had my wedding seating chart printed on paper the size of a poster board and then they glued it to the board and I know for sure it was less than $10 so I can't imagine them just printing 1 letter would be more than a few bucks.

We use a printer called Minuteman Press and I am sure they would do it for you as well, if you have one near you.

6/28/10: Lost our sweet baby Addyston at 18wk 1day to pPROM 7/24/11: Michael William born at 24wk 2d due to IC after an emergent cerclage at 18wks, 4wk home BR and 2 weeks hospital BR. Grow strong our little Miracle! 9/17/11: Michael joined his sister in heaven after 8 amazing weeks with us on earth. He fought a very hard fight but NEC was too much for him in the end. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

imageidenticaltwins2be:

This made me laugh too!

Thanks for all the ideas ladies!  I hadn't even thought about the oversized printers at Kinkos/staples.  I may go that route.

Kristen & Mike 7/2005
    Griffin 10/2007
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"