Trouble TTC
Options

Had my HSG

I just want to say...to those ladies that had little or no pain...I'm so jealous and you are lucky lucky.

Mine was super painful, but probably because he had a hard time getting the catheter in my cervix (the reason it was cancelled the first time) and he had to use a different tool to do it. 

Both my tubes are clear.  He said that it looks like my uterus is tilted.  He didn't get a good look because the dye came out by the time he went back to look at it.  He's going to schedule me for an ultrasound when I come back on the 20th.  My mom said her uterus is tilted 20% but she had no trouble getting pregnant.  She was considered high risk during her pregnancies because of it.

DH had his repeat SA and got the results (besides morphology) e-mailed to him already....everything is normal! 

So I guess the U/S will be our next step before we move to TI or IUI

~*Jenna*~

TTC since November 2009.

Currently licensed foster parents with the hope of adopting!  Also pursuing pregnancy through IUI!  First IUI scheduled 10/3/13

Currently loving our placements:

A 1/08

C 4/11

K 6/12

Re: Had my HSG

• Options
    I'm sorry that it was painful but I'm glad that your tubes are clear.  Good luck on your u/s!
    Mrs. Little Drew 10/25/08
    Blog
    TTC since 1/2010 - Dx with Stage IV Endo
    11/10 - 100mg Clomid + trigger + IUI + Estradiol + Progesterone = BFN
    12/10 - Unmedicated cycle due to RE not doing treatments in December = BFN
    1/11 - 100mg Clomid + trigger + IUI + Estradiol + Progesterone = BFN
    2/11 - Same sh!t, different month = IUI cancelled due to no response = BFN
    IVF #1 - Start stims (Follistim) 5/10, add in Ganirelix 5/14
    ER 5/21 - 13 retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilized; ET 5/26 - transferred one perfect 1AA blast. 3 snowbabies.
    Beta 6/3 - 15.8; Beta 6/7 - 21.8; Beta 6/10 - 7 :(
    FET - Transferred 1 AA blast 7/11. Beta 7/20 - 311! Beta 7/22 - 784!! First u/s 8/10
    *~PAIFW/SAIFW~*
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Yay for clear tubes!

As for the tilted uterus, it is not something to be concerned with. I had a sono on Tuesday and found out mine is tilted and my RE said that means absolutely nothing in terms of getting pregnant. It is actually fairly common. Two of my closest friends have tilted a tilted uterus and both got pregnant easily and neither had any issues during pregnancy except difficulty hearing the heartbeat early on.

Oh, and my HSG was horrible too, so I definitely feel your pain!

Proud Doxie Mommy

TTC #1 since Sept. 2009 - DX unexplained IF March 2011 - "Surprise" BFP March 2012
    DS born via c-section 11/17/12
    TTC #2 (or, not TTA) Nov. 2013
    BFP #2 8/22/14, Missed M/C 6w2d, Discovered 7w4d/Official 8w6d, D&C 9/27/14
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    STL34STL34 member

I'm sorry your HSG was painful, but glad to hear your tubes are clear.  I wouldn't worry about the tilted ute.  Mine is significantly tilted.  My OBGYN and 2 REs have told me that the tilt isn't a fertility issue or a pregnancy problem.  Typically when you are PG, the baby straightens out your ute.  Sometimes your ute will stay in the right position afterward.

My second RE said that the tilt may be the reason my tubes appeared blocked during my HSG earlier this month.  Well, that and my tortuous cervix!

Good luck!

imageimage

~SAIF/PAIF/Everyone Welcome~ 

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

Dx: DOR, Endo, APA+ (really high beta 2 glycoprotein antibody and high everything else tested), heterozygous MTHFR mutation, positive for lupus anticoagulant, high FSH, low AMH and both tubes blocked (per HSG on 3/8/11)

IVF #1 - long lupron (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized; ET 2 blasts and 1 frozen = BFN

IVF #2 - a version of antagonist with EPP (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 frozen blast transferred on day 5 = BFN.

IVF #3 April was postponed to May, May was canceled. June/July was canceled. Had a cyst aspiration and then began IVF #3 in August. ER on 8/22; ET on 8/24 with AH. +HPT on 9/5. Beta #1 (11dpo) = 3; Beta #2 (15dpo) = 29; Beta #3 (17dpo) = 60; Beta #4 (19 dpo) = 118. Heartbeat at 6 weeks 6 days =132.  Lil is here!

TTC#2:  Trigger + TI = BFN; Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN.

IVF #4:  BCP + MDLF + Lovenox = 7R, 1F = Transferred 1 6-cell embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #5:  MDLF + Lovenox = 4R, 1F = Transferred 1 10-cell compacting embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #6:  (New RE):  Long Antagonist November 2014 (transferred two 8 cell grade 1 embryos and froze one blast) = BFN

FET#1:  BFN

• Options

Glad you got good news.  Yippee for clear tubes!  Big Smile  So sorry you had to deal with the pain.  My first HSG took my breathe away & killer pain in my chest/shoulder. Super AngryIck! Second sent me into tears and I had to lay down for 15 mins before I could get up. Crying

Excellent news about the SA.

GL with the u/s! 

"When the world says, 'Give up,' Hope whispers, 'Try one more time.'" -Anonymous

• Options
    I'm sorry about your HSG results (and the pain!).   Good luck with the ultrasound.
    TTC since August 2009
    June/July 2011 - IVF #1 - Transfer cancelled due to OHSS
    23 perfect embryos. All 23 made it to freezing!
    September/October - FET #1 - October 12th - 2 Grade A embies
    October 20th - BFP??! EDD - July 1, 2012
    Beta #1 = 154, Beta #2 = 352 Beta #3 = 3,800
    U/S #2 - November 14th = 133 bpm! U/S #3 & 4 - November 30th and December 7th = 163 bpm! U/S#5 - January 30th - TEAM PINK!!!
    Baby Sweets born on her due date!
  • Options

That's good news! My HSG was yesterday and it was so painful! My RE had to dilate my cervix a little to get everything where it needed to be, and GAH did it hurt... But now the pain of my dx (UU) has been worse, and I'm not noticing anymore cramping. 

Best wishes to you! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"