May 2011 Moms

Well ok then Doc

So I went to the doctor today and obviously we talked about my hospitalization on Monday night. Turns out if she had been the doctor on call she probably wouldn't have given me the shot of terbutaline. She said that right at that cusp it would depend on my cervix. Since it was still all closed up and everything she wouldn't have given me the shot. She also said if I were to have regular contractions now she wouldn't let them give me the shot because the baby would be ready. Well color me surprised. I still want this baby to stay in for another few weeks but I guess I don't have to stress out about keeping her in.

The doc did say that she doesn't want me to try things to induce labor but I'm not on bedrest or anything like that to prevent labor. She does want an additional couple of weeks as well and wouldn't want to induce me until at least a week after my due date. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more

Re: Well ok then Doc

• Hmmmm, good to know. Now you don't have to be so stressed about it.
  • So, next time you have a scare we can hope for a birth story to follow?!?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I guess that's good... if that's what YOU'RE comfortable with. After my super bad experience with my OB (the one I just fired), I tend to question EVERYTHING... But, what you're comfortable with is definitely the most important thing. I'm sure your LO will continue to bake just like you'd like! :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I admit, I wondered about it. Your contractions were 10 minutes apart, yes?

I was having them at 8-9 min for 60 seconds and they just went "oh, you're closed up. So..anyway, about that pain in your side" and just shrugged off the contractions :P

• Didn't the FDA just issue a warning about Terbutaline affecting the mother's heart? So maybe this stage of pregnancy, the risk of Terbutaline would outweigh the risks of a preterm delivery.

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageiris427:
    Didn't the FDA just issue a warning about Terbutaline affecting the mother's heart? So maybe this stage of pregnancy, the risk of Terbutaline would outweigh the risks of a preterm delivery.

That was part of her reasoning as well. She doesn't like how they drug affects the mother. I also noticed on the monitor that LO's heartbeat was a bit faster after the drug. The shot made me shaky and my heart was racing. I didn't like it at all. They told me those things we side effects but I thought it was more important for LO to stay put. 

Peejee, yes. They were 10 minutes apart for about 3 hours. I was just concerned at that point in the pregnancy. I didn't feel like I was far enough along to have the baby. I was prepared for the possibility that they wouldn't stop the contractions but I'm glad they did. I still don't want her to come but I guess the stress will go away now. I won't freak out if she decided it was time to make her appearance. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • huh! Ok then. So no stressing either way. That's what we wanna hear!
  • imagemrbear83:
    huh! Ok then. So no stressing either way. That's what we wanna hear!
    great to hear!! And I love,love your pic!! Ur dog looks too cute!
  • MrsD1MrsD1 member
    Well that's good news! One less thing to worry about.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"