June 2011 Moms

Out of character?

Anyone finding themselves doing anything out of character lately?  I don't want to blame it on hormones, because, please.  Maybe I'm just fed up and a little more irritable lately because of extra discomfort or lack of sleep?  Who knows.  But today, I found myself doing 3 things pretty out of character.

Normally I'm one to just let things go or put up a kind front for professionalism's sake and vent later, but today...

1.  I was sitting at a red light and the light turned green (as they often do).  I immediately took my foot off the brake and moved it to the gas... however my foot got tied up in my shoe delaying me all of 5-10 seconds.  The guy behind me laid on his horn, so I flipped him off.

2.  A co-worker told me her and another woman were discussing how "round" I was.  She said they mentioned where I was gaining weight.  I told her that if they were discussing my stomach, great.  That's pretty much what's supposed to happen.  But if anything else was discussed, she might as well keep it to herself, I didn't want to hear about it.  She then went on to say all this about she knew me, and she knew I'd lose the weight but be careful since I ate a pint of ice cream earlier this week (I had Girl Scout cookies in front of me at the time), blah, blah.  I just snapped again about really not wanting to hear about what others think of my weight gain.  I've only gained 14 pounds for heaven's sake. 

3.  A volunteer at school is running a program we all have to go to.   I helped a bit while she was taking care of other things.  She got onto me for putting too much salsa in the little cups.  I then snapped at her, "Ok.  Then you can go ahead and do it."  And I walked away to help my kids without looking back.

None of which a really big deal, but all things I would always have let go in the past, or even smiled and laughed with the offender about (esp. those last two).  

Anyone else acting out of character?

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

Re: Out of character?

• kas80kas80 member

I am acting out of character but in an entirely opposite way then you described (my normal persona is pretty similar to your out of character one).  As my born in GA husband likes to tease me about- I'm very "northern VA" which is his term for impatient, unfriendly, always in a rush, exceptionally type A.  You know the person behind you in the grocery line that starts putting their groceries on the conveyor before you are finished?  Yeah, that's me.

However, I've been exceptionally mellowed out.  It's almost surreal strange for people who know me well.  Everything rolls off my back.  Stupid people in traffic- eh.  Women hit me with her grocery cart in the store yesterday?  I chuckled about it.  Waiting in line for 20 minutes because people are writing checks/using 50 thousand coupons?  No problemo.  I'll wait.  All things that would have turned me into an uber *** 7 months ago.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i blame my irratability and general crabbiness on lack of sleep - i'm finding myself p!ssed off at people for no good reason all the time now....  which is very out of character for me........
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"