Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Are you/did you take LO's birthday off of work?

Please tell me I'm not the only totally crazy person b/c DH really thinks I'm nuts not wanting to work on his birthday! In my family birthdays are HUGE its your special day to do anything you want, eat what you want *within reason* and just really be special. maybe its b/c we didn't have a lot of money growing up but every year my dad would give us flowers and mom would make us blueberry muffins from scratch. Dinner was what we wanted (pizza for me!) and then cake and ice cream for dessert. It was always THE BEST! I work 2nd shift and want to do dinner and everything so I don't want to go to work I want to spend his entire birth DAY with him. I plan on making him his favorite meal and we're going to do cake (for the first time!) after dinner!

DH thinks I'm silly.

Re: Are you/did you take LO's birthday off of work?

• I am taking the entire week off, lol.  I figure I can do prep stuff for her party & just chill with her all week.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • I SAH but my dh was going to take off for the day.  Now he has to take a test for professional development, but hopefully he will be done early.  I am going to take them to the aquarium downtown with my mom and ideally he will join us there.  It is a big deal that we have made it this far, and I want to celebrate it as a family!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I absolutly would!  I never went to school on my birthday growing up.  I love birthdays!
  • DH said he is not taking the day out... he's a teacher though so a bit more dedicated to his job than me! lol
  • No.  LO's birthday is on the 2nd to last day of school.  I will have an entire summer home with him, i think he will survive if I am not home with him on his birthday.

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• I'm a SAHM but I wouldn't have. We didn't do anything special today. She doesn't get it yet.
    The poster formally known as Irish Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LO's birthday is on a Saturday, but had it been a weekday, I don't think it would have even crossed my mind to take the day off.
  • I actually took the next 5 days off lol. His party is Sat and birthday on Mon. We will probably go to the zoo on his bday and have a nice family dinner.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I will be taking off... but we actually share our birthday, so Im taking off for my bday as well.

We will have family from out of town and a party to prepare for (I am making his cake, so I will do that then as well.)

Blessed with 2 amazing little boys. One grew in my tummy and the other my heart.

06/30/10 my 1st son was born on my birthday. 
    TTC #2 since 05/2011 BFP- Feb 2012, EDD- 11/01/12, m/c- 03/05/12 @ 5w+4d 
    12/20/13 my 2nd son was born and placed in my arms.
    Surprise BFP- Nov 2014, EDD- 8/06/215, mc 12/24/2015 @ 8w+6d
    SURPRISE - BFP- 4/8/2105

• I totally would, but luckily it's on a saturday.  This saturday actually.  Eeep!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • DH and I are BOTH taking the day off :-p  We've decided it's going to be a special day each year.  We're taking him for his first hair cut and then to the children's museum :)
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Also, logistically, it would never work for me. I get one personal day a year. (and 9 sick days). So If we have more than one kid (which is the plan), I'd have to pick who got my one day off.
    The poster formally known as Irish Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm not.

Technically I'm not "allowed" because it's the first day back to work after Spring Break but I wouldn't take it off anyway.

DH is working from home that week, though, so he is going to bring Liam up to school at the end of the day to see me and so we can show the birthday boy off! 

image image
  • I am.  It's a Tuesday in June, and I just think it will be a nice day to spend together.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

DD: 6/21/10
    DS: 10/11/14
  • I've been thinking about it.  It's on a Thursday, so who wants to go back to work for just a Friday though. And then I'm taking the entire week off before that b/c of a vacation planned, so it's probably not a good idea for me.  Her party will be the following Sunday, so I'll have Saturday to prep, but she has her 1 year appt on that Monday, so I'm thinking of taking that day off to clean up and relax.  I most definitely will as she gets older-and since her birthday is over the summer it will never be a schooling issue for her.
  • I have a conference I'm in charge of planning that day, so I'm going to go for the morning portion and then leave around 2 just to be home and spend the afternoon with him. DH is a teacher so he can't really take off (he's using all of his personal days for a vacation next month).

We're planning to go to the zoo or aquarium that following weekend.

• Her birthday is Saturday. I think I might have taken off if it wasn't though-- at least a couple of hours early so we'd actually have time together that day.

I can remember my mom taking off work sometimes for my birthday and I had the option to stay home from school and do what I wanted. It was great.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I took the day off. We had a party in the evening. I don't get off work until 5. There's no way I could have run home and gotten ready for the party in one hour.

I think I might have taken the day off even if her party wasn't that day. We had fun together! I took her to lunch and we wetn shopping, went to the park ... I wanted to make it "special" for her.

You're not crazy!

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • I'm totally taking off my son's birthday! It's such a special occasion and I want to spend every moment of it with him! :) 

• DH and I are BOTH taking the day off :-p  We've decided it's going to be a special day each year.  We're taking him for his first hair cut and then to the children's museum :)
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"