October 2011 Moms

Does anyone....

know where I can get some good unbias information about cricumcision? Don't know what I am having, but I want to be prepared by knowing as many facts as possible. I have been searching the internet, but just wondering if anyone knew of anything specific? Thanks
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Does anyone....

• We got our information for our decision at our birthing center. They have the current statistics from the medical field about whether or not it helps avoid certain infections, etc. And they had a slide show showing the different methods used and exacly how a circumcision is performed.  Going into it, my husband was adamant that we circumcize our son.  After getting all of the information, we decided against it.  But I truly don't feel like they were leaning any one direction, they just provided the facts about it so that you had all of the information available to make an informed decision.

GL!

• One of the pregnancy books I have has a good pro/con section on circumcision - Expecting 411.  It's a good book all around.
  • Loading the player...
  • my husband has the parts, so he gets to decide.

I think he would like to match the child.  If it is a boy - we will cut. 

• A family member had to get it done when he was in his 30's due to reoccurring yeast infections (I didnt know guys got them) but from what he had to go threw he had all his boys circumcised. He said it was the worst pain and it is just raw flesh when they are done cutting off the foreskin. He bleed for 3 days straight and it took weeks to heal. Babies heal much faster with less complications.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Not really asking for opinions, just want to know a place to find the hardcore fact...Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"