Upstate NY Babies

Does anyone else's child do this?

DD FREAKS out everytime I wipe her clean after a meal or snack!!! I use wipes, so they're soft, I hold her wrist gently, and wipe each of her hands, then her face. She literally FIGHTS with me, thrashing in her seat! Sometimes I just leave her dirty, if she's having a bath after dinner, just so I don't have to deal with it! I've even tried letting her be in charge of cleaning herself off, which is useless, but just so she can see it isn't a bad thing.

Side note: With this pregnancy I'm losing my stamina...quickly...and can't fight run after her, or get down to her level as easily (already). So this is getting harder and harder, among other things! AHHH!!!

Re: Does anyone else's child do this?

• yes, Evan hates to have his face wiped especially. I let him stand at the sink and wash his hands (which he thinks is the funnest thing ever!) so, while he's washing his hands I'll splash a little water on his face... he's usually distracted enough that he doesn't care.
  • Stella does the exact same thing. Sometimes I give her another washcloth to play with and sometimes I sing to her. Both help, but sometimes she's pissed no matter what.
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah, Ryan hates it, too.  So I usually pick him up and bring him to the sink where we wash his hands/face with the running water from there.  THAT he loves.  I think it's b/c he gets to "play" in the water.  lol
    My first haircut!

Severe MFI - on to IVF w/ ICSI

IVF#1-2: BFN
    IVF#3: BFP! - 1/24: ET - 5d - 2 blasts - 2/02: Beta #1: 16.2 ...... 2/04: Beta #2: 35 ...... 2/09: Beta #3: 401.5 - I'm pregnant! - 2/13: u/s #1 - baby boy, due 10/12, born 10/16! ...... 8 lbs 0 oz, 22 inches! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I don't bother trying to wipe.  Losing battle.  I hold them under one arm at the sink and rinse their hands and face quickly with the running water.  Way easier

• Yup. I just wipe fast.
  • We're in the same boat. I use wipes too, and we have a wipe warmer which really helps. The warmth/moisture combo gets all the gunk off pretty quickly, which is key!

• E is not a fan either....and hates his nose being wiped, he has had a runny nose the last couple days.
    imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yep, R does that despite the fact that he LOVES washing his hands in the sink. If he's not too messy I let him go in the bathroom and stand on his stool to wash his hands. If he's too messy to leave the table, or I need to wash his face too, I just lean him despite the protest :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"