Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Character recognition

Does your toddler have any particular characters that he/she likes? DD really likes Disney Cars and Bugs, but zero interest in Sesame Street/Dora/etc. She wouldn't know who those characters were if she saw them anywhere. And Disney Princesses have not even entered our radar. Just curious what everyone else's kids seem to be "into"...

Re: Character recognition

• DS likes Mickey, but he doesn't watch very much tv besides MMCH.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • E knows Dora, Elmo, Backyardigans, Blues Clues, and several others. Most of her recognition I have decided is due to her DCP having the tv on all day. That will be rectified in the next couple of months when we move her to a new DCP.
  • Loading the player...
  • Dora...everytime we pass by something at the store DD points and says "DA". She doesn't watch much for TV so that is her only one so far.
  • DD loves Minnie Mouse. She knew who she was before I even knew she had knowledge of her. She has a stuffed minnie toy that she carries around with her and freaks out if we are anywhere and sees Minnie Mouse (stickers, baloons, food products, you name it). She recognizes Elmo and a couple of other characters but doesn't really get to excited about them.
    The Fight  Against Boredomimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Dora, Yo Gabba Gabba, a few Seasame Street, Thomas, Diego, Beauty & the Beast Characters (loves the movie).  Much of this comes from a 4 yr that she is with 4 days a week and his toys/books. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Elmo and the the Pajanimals (of course you won't see them out and about or anywhere but Sprout or online/youtube). I think he'd recognize other SS characters,too from several of his books.
  • L would probably recognize a bunch, but her faves are Elmo and the Wiggles. Pajanimals are not far behind.

• imageTorani:
    DS likes Mickey, but he doesn't watch very much tv besides MMCH.

This exactly!

TTC #2 July 2014

Me: 35 DH: 36

FF Chart

imageLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

DD1 Feb 2010

• ds doesnt really watch tv, but he does know yo gabba gabba and elmo. those are about it.
    DS1 10/5/09 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • B loves Elmo and Cookie Monster, and recognizes Bert, Ernie, and Big Bird. He's never seen Sesame St. (doesn't watch TV). He knows them from books and toys. 

He also knows Mickey Mouse and Winnie the Pooh, also from books and toys. Mainly stuffed animals, puppets, and blocks. Give him a few months and he'll probably know Corduroy and Olivia as well. 

Contemplating the snow.
    Mes Petit Choux
    imageimageimage
    I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then. ~ Alice

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Elmo & Yo Gabba Gabba. That is what most of their tv watching consists of but the Elmo thing started at daycare b/c they had a huge elmo doll in the room. We had no idea that they even had it & then my mom gave DD a little elmo doll for xmas and she goes- Elmo! We were all like, huhhhh??? b/c at that time they didn't watch him much but we figured it out when we went back to DC> she is very attached now, sleeps with him & even calls out for him in the middle of the night before calling for us sometimes!

They love "YO" as they call it too but the only character they (really DD) can say is Muno.

They do like their Thomas stuff  (a couple books and some toys) but DD just calls him choochoo.  

• DS is obsessed with Huckle Cat and Lowly Worm from the Richard Scarry books (and my dad got him one of the DVD's for Christmas).  And I let him watch Postman Pat sometimes, because it's a cute little low-key show.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"