Houston Babies

What bath toys do your kids like?

My kids bathe together and I need stuff that they can both enjoy.  Would love some recommendations! 

Re: What bath toys do your kids like?

• I got them the Tub fun Traffic set.  It has been endless days of fun.  They both love building roads, lining up the cars for parades and just sticking everything all over the tub.  There were other sets as well including a really cute dress up doll/princess set. 

Here is the link to the traffic set on amazon.  I found it at Target for $9.99 in a box that looked like this.  

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Bath letters, cups/pitcher, Green Toys tugboat
  • Loading the player...
  • DD's faves are plain ol' plastic cups, vinyl bath books (I switch them out every once in a while to keep her interested), and terry cloth finger puppets. She also has 4 rubber ducks, all different sizes, and they are named Daddy, Mommy, Natalie, and Julia. She has lots of fun making them interact :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageTexasSmith:

DD's faves are plain ol' plastic cups

This. I had a ton of toys and they were starting to get slimy. When I took them out, the boys started playing with plastic cups and that has been happening for a month now. Tru also really likes empty shampoo bottles with a lid so he can squirt water out.

They have some foam dinosaurs that they like- the stick to the wall kind- but we forget to put them in most nights because they have their cups and a couple of plastic serving spoons! 

• imagerayskit10:
    imageTexasSmith:

DD's faves are plain ol' plastic cups

This. I had a ton of toys and they were starting to get slimy. When I took them out, the boys started playing with plastic cups and that has been happening for a month now. Tru also really likes empty shampoo bottles with a lid so he can squirt water out.

They have some foam dinosaurs that they like- the stick to the wall kind- but we forget to put them in most nights because they have their cups and a couple of plastic serving spoons! 

Oooh, I hadn't thought about shampoo bottles.  My kids will play with anything.  The latest is bath crayons.  Only they don't use them to color.  They set up an elaborate scenario where one is drowning and the others jump in to save it.   

• DS has his rubber duckies, stacking cup caterpillar, Elmo bath books, and we just got him the Little Peoples boat that actually is for the water with a fishing pole to use to "catch" a fish and a life ring.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • we have a stack of take and toss plastic cups...  We use them to rinse hair too...  When they start to look yuck, I throw them in the dishwasher or recycle bin and start over...  They love them.
  • Rena also loves to play with little cups and "help" me rinse her soap and shampoo off. She also has some of those princess bath dolls and the princess bath swan. And she still likes the foam letters and numbers that stick to the wall.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • We don't have much - just some foam letters, which got a lot of use when we first got htem, but have lost their allure since.  We got an Elmo tugboat you wind up and it "goes", but it doesn't work very well and stops and starts often.  We have a few rubber ducks and a few cups.  DS does have a few cup things that have holes in the bottom, and he likes to fill them up and watch the water drain out (over and over again).  We used to have the squirt toys, but they got pretty nasty inside, so I bleached them out and put them up, as he wasn't really using them, anyway.  I try not to get anything with a hole in it that would trap water, now.
  • Cups and empty shampoo bottles are always fun. DD likes pouring water from one into another, she would do it for hours if she could. She also likes the foam shapes that stick to the walls, we have a set of fish and numbers in the tub right now. I gave my niece some "paper dolls" for her 4th birthday and she loved them. (She is a little fashionista who changes clothes at least 3 times a day so they were right up her alley.)

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We tried plastic cups last night and they were a huge hit! This was a great suggestion.

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
    18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
    BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
    BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

• I love this post for the paper doll idea if nothing else!

As for what M likes, she uses the bath cups and washes her "baby's" hair.  Her baby is whatever rubber duckie of choice is nearby.  She also has mommy and daddy ducks.  she is all about family pretend play right now.

"If you can't say something nice, shut the hell up!"
    - Paula Deen to 104.1 KRBE's Producer Eric 9/17/2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"