Upstate NY Babies

What cleaning supply can you not live without?

Spring cleaning has started! Share your must-have cleaning supply. Go!

Re: What cleaning supply can you not live without?

• Mine is my Swiffer wet jet. I put serious miles on that thing!
  • My shark hand steamer. Love it.

TTC since 6/2003. m/c 9/14/03 8 weeks, 5 chemical pregnancies, mmc 6/04 12 weeks, Michael born sleeping 5/25/05 at 22weeks always our angel, fought ovarian cancer and won, m/c 4/06 5.2 weeks and 7/07 6.6 weeks,Our Miracle baby girl born 4/8/10,mc 12/18/11 at 5.3 weeks, BFP 10/26/12 dating u/s on 11/8/12 showing a strong heartbeat!EDD July 4,2013. RCS on 6/27. Baby boy in NICU for 8 long and scary days before he was able to come home. We are now a happy family of 4

. imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • imageAshnmike528:
    Mine is my Swiffer wet jet. I put serious miles on that thing!

Mine used to be the Swiffer, but I recently got the Shark Vac N Steam-love, love, love it! 

• imageEJDIII:

imageAshnmike528:
    Mine is my Swiffer wet jet. I put serious miles on that thing!

Mine used to be the Swiffer, but I recently got the Shark Vac N Steam-love, love, love it! 

Oooh I just may have to look into that! :-)

• The clorox toilet wand. I mean, seriously - best. invention. ever.

We got the steam mop for christmas - but when DH opened it and it was in like 50 different pieces...he just shoved in a cabinet and hasn't looked at it since. Maybe I should put that thing together.

We have the wetjet too - it's pretty awesome.

• Pledge multi-surface cleaner. Makes everything look shiny and new!

Oh, and my Shark steam mop.

• Mr Clean Magic Erasers... I use them on everything.

For the bath tub.

And sadly, I had to live without it last night :(  I stupidly let the dog out in the backyard without thinking about how warm it was during the day.  She came in COVERED in mud, so there was no pushing off cleaning the tub after that.  I reach under the sink and they are all gone and I forgot to buy more!  I tried 409, I tried the vinegar and water combo with my scrubby sponge, I tried mr eraser, and I tried my scrub brush.  I ended up with a good-enough-job and will be buying more at work next time I am in.

The best part about these (besides not having to scrub and how amazingly wonderful it works?) is that your hand stays clean and dry and you hold on to the handle.

• Vinegar! I use it on pretty much everything.

My steam mop is a close second, but I need to come up with a better pad solution for it. The ones it came with are pretty grungy & replacement ones are pricey.  

Photobucket
    Charlie 11.01.07 ~ Paul 05.07.10 ~ Annaliese 02.24.12
  • This was the question in this months real simple magazine.. and they said the most popular answer was the magic eraser.. and I totally agree.. The magic eraser ROCKS.

That and method counter spray and clorox anywhere are really all I use besides dishsoap.

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • imagejnk062602:

For the bath tub.

And sadly, I had to live without it last night :(  I stupidly let the dog out in the backyard without thinking about how warm it was during the day.  She came in COVERED in mud, so there was no pushing off cleaning the tub after that.  I reach under the sink and they are all gone and I forgot to buy more!  I tried 409, I tried the vinegar and water combo with my scrubby sponge, I tried mr eraser, and I tried my scrub brush.  I ended up with a good-enough-job and will be buying more at work next time I am in.

The best part about these (besides not having to scrub and how amazingly wonderful it works?) is that your hand stays clean and dry and you hold on to the handle.

I bought these and didn't like them at all.. I have tried everything to get my tub clean looking and it just doesn't.. I think it needs to be reglazed or something..  But I didn't think these cleaned very good at all.

Melissa & Jeff 5-27-06
    m/c 1/2/08 and 3/12/08
    Eve Amelia- Born 2/24/09. 6lb 9.9oz
    Natalie Ruth - Born 6/13/11 7lb 6.6oz
    imagebabies
    baby growth
  • imageMelissaSue81:
    imagejnk062602:

For the bath tub.

I bought these and didn't like them at all.. I have tried everything to get my tub clean looking and it just doesn't.. I think it needs to be reglazed or something..  But I didn't think these cleaned very good at all.

I didn't like them either. I think I got one for free a while back when they first came out.

• Wow, I love it!  What do you guys use in the bath tub then?  I hate spraying anything in there bc of breathing it back in and then I am sneezing and all that.  Even with the vinegar water combo, I feel like nothing ventilates well in my bathroom.  I did try the magic eraser and it worked fine for the sides but the bottom has a built in anti-slip thing and the magic eraser kept having tiny little balls break off.  Which then I had to clean that up too.
  • Those Scrubbing Bubbles things worked great on our glass shower doors when we lived in Ohio...I haven't bought them in a while though.  I love my 7th Generation all purpose cleaner...use it everywhere.  I'm really liking my new Method shower cleaner too.  It works well and smells good.
  • Dyson and Steam Mop...

I thought that I heard somewhere that the Swiffer WetJet had a solution that was not good for kids or dogs...

We use the regular wet swiffer pads for quick clean-ups.

I like all of the Method cleaning products...both performance and smell. 

imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemrsoc:

Dyson and Steam Mop...

I thought that I heard somewhere that the Swiffer WetJet had a solution that was not good for kids or dogs...

Oh no! I better google that, I have both!

• imageAshnmike528:
    imagemrsoc:

Dyson and Steam Mop...

Oh no! I better google that, I have both!

Snopes.com says false. Phew! My MIL sends me all kinds of "CAUTION" emails that hold no truth whatsoever, surprised I didn't get that one :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"