December 2011 Moms
Options

Travel during 1st Trimester?

Is anyone planning on air travel during the 1st trimester?  Right now, I travel pretty frequently for work (usually only 1-2.5 hr flights) which I'm not too worried about, however, before getting KU we had already planned a 10-day trip to Ireland in April.  Tickets are booked so obviously we are still going. 

Everything I've read said to not worry and just take precautions, however, I can't help but to be a little paranoid??? Anything I should think about, prepare for, etc... aside from MS which I'm expecting to probably make this a miserable trip if it sets in by then!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Travel during 1st Trimester?

• Options
    I have a trip planned in early May (just from Boston to Baltimore though).  I haven't thought too much about it, but I figure I'll just be prepared with snacks and water.  Since your flight is long, I'd just make sure to get up and walk around every now and then.
    "I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. And he shall be my Squishy"
    cautiously expecting #1 - grow Squishy grow!
    edd 12/6/2011
    BFP Chart
    Pregnancy Ticker

imageimageimage
  • Options
    I would definitely take the pat down over the x-ray machine because the machines can be harmful to a fetus. I'd also look into my health insurance coverage in other countries and options regarding that as well.
    imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Breastfeeding and pregnant!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Always remember we are pregnant...not sick. Unless you are high risk or have a history of problems...I wouldn't worry!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo DSC_0014.jpg
  • Options

imageGoldenPeaches:
    I would definitely take the pat down over the x-ray machine because the machines can be harmful to a fetus. I'd also look into my health insurance coverage in other countries and options regarding that as well.

This is important.  I'm going to Mexico next week and my coverage excludes all international treatment with the exception of emergency room visits.  I'm checking into travel medical insurance, as well, but I'm pretty sure that pregnancy is a pre-existing condition for most policies.  If anyone knows of any that do not include pregnancy as a pre-existing condition, please share!

Otherwise, my doctor told me that there is no reason to not go on my trip and to enjoy (just don't drink the water, lol).  Our seats are in the very last row near the bathrooms, which is always my biggest concern, regardless of whether I'm pregnant or not :-)

• Options

Great advice, ladies.  THANK YOU!!!!  I posted this on the 1st Tri board too and got some more great responses. What would I do without the bump msg boards!?!?!  :)

Can't wait to share my experience when I get back... we leave in 8 days!!!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"