Washington Babies

Hospital Bag : What am I missing

I can't even remember what I packed last time, but here's what I've got so far:

For Mom:
-Short/Comfy Robe
-Slippers with grippies
-Soft socks
-Going home outfit (yoga pants & hoodie)
-Nursing bra
-Nursing tank

Food:
Beef Jerky
Nutra Grain bars
Chocolate covered almonds
Instant Oatmeal
Cheezits
Wheat thins
Gigantor bag of peanut M&M's

For Baby:
Boppy
SwaddleMe blanket
Baby Blanket
Going home outfit
Jammie outfit
(2) socks
Beanie

Everything else:
DH's clothes
Video camera
Tripod
Camera
Blanket
Pillow

What am I missing?????

Re: Hospital Bag : What am I missing

• Everyone told me I didn't need nursing pads, but we had to stay one extra day to monitor for signs of strep and my milk started coming in the night before we left and i was leaking. So pack some nursing pads, just in case.

laptop!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagemrs_smith717:

Everyone told me I didn't need nursing pads, but we had to stay one extra day to monitor for signs of strep and my milk started coming in the night before we left and i was leaking. So pack some nursing pads, just in case.

laptop!

Good call. Nursing pads are in the diaper bag!

• Loading the player...
  • And if you haven't discovered them yet, Milk Diapers are the best.  They sell them at Evergreen's Family and Baby Boutique.  I think I'm remembering right that you and I have the similar issue of PLENTY o' milk, and these were my faves.  Never leaked through.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Chapstick
    Hard candy to suck on

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• bunchbunch member
    Chapstick, my own lotion (those dang hospitals are dry!) and deodorant.  Just a few toiletries.  In terms of gear itself, your list is great.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • What about toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant and possibly makeup?
    Boy 10.6.13
    Labored at freestanding birth center using hypnobirthing techniques
    Delivered via csection
  • I forgot my shampoo, soap, conditioner, face wash, and wash cloth. My own towel would have been nice too. Don't forget chargers for the electronics. I also wish I had thought to bring ear plugs. The nurses coming and going while dh or I were trying to nap sucked. You'll still hear baby plenty fine. We found we needed a head support for lo's car seat so we had to just use our swaddle blankets rolled up around his head. I also wish I had my own undies because the mesh ones gave me a rash.

and one more! Soothies for your boobs.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageCDMay2006:
    What about toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant and possibly makeup?

I forgot to include my toiletries - I've got the basics of soap, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, lotion, ponytail holder, headband, bobby pins, toothbrush, toothpaste, altoids, makeup, etc.

• You might laugh but I made a 3-ring binder that had all my birthing class notes, my list of names (we still hadn't decided!), a book and some magazines, and a small journal that I recorded my "birth story" because I knew I'd forget stuff later on. Also to help keep track of ALL THE FORMS they dump on you. Things I needed to read, sign and return before we left - and other papers I needed to take home and complete etc. Having it all in a binder was super handy.

Oh, and maybe set up an email group with ALL the people you want to send an email too so you just have to select "group"...or maybe that's all covered by Facebook now?

I brought my own mini ipod dock for my baby mix..rock songs that reference babies or crying or childhood in some way - we still play it all the time. Definitely made the room less clinical.

• imageStellaZ:

You might laugh but I made a 3-ring binder that had all my birthing class notes, my list of names (we still hadn't decided!), a book and some magazines, and a small journal that I recorded my "birth story" because I knew I'd forget stuff later on. Also to help keep track of ALL THE FORMS they dump on you. Things I needed to read, sign and return before we left - and other papers I needed to take home and complete etc. Having it all in a binder was super handy.

I think I love you! The only thing missing is some kind of spreadsheet...I love spreadsheets. Stick out tongue

Image and video hosting by TinyPic EDD: September 22, 2012 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Chapstick! I made my DH keep it in his pocket for me! I loved having yoga pants/cute pajama bottoms to wear with the nursing tank and robe after baby was born. I also liked having face towlettes. Like the makeup remover ones, to freshen up after labor but before you get up out of the bed.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • oh and I don't like wearing my own slippers at the hospital.  I figure that floor is super germy.  I wear their grippy socks and throw them away when I leave.
  • Laptop (if you have one) and a folder to all that wonderful paperwork you get.  Also, if the baby is giving Jackson a gift, you might want to bring that with you
  • Cell phone charger, extra batteries for camera, Music/DVD/magazines/book for entertainment, shoes to wear home (my water broke on my shoes and I hadn't packed a back up pair), garbage bag for dirty clothes (again in case your water breaks), water bottle, note book to record gifts/ visitors. 

I wore my own clothes while in labor.  Do you want to wear a nursing cami or something less restrive than the hospital gowns, that might cover more? 

How in the world are you this close to delivery already?  It feels like your BFP was like yesterday!

BIG Brother born 10/19/07 little Brother born 1/31/12
  • Funny, I packed all that, and we didn't use any of it... even forgot about the TENS machine so never used it.  The only thing we used were camera, toiletries, baby taking home outfit, DH clothes, cell phones, and pillow/blanket for DH.  
    Sounds like you are plenty prepared.  :)  

I'm going to make an AWESOME big brother.

Pregnancy Ticker

• I'm so lame. I'm totally copy and pasting all of this stuff and making a spreadsheet/checklist so I remember what to pack!

I think you've got pretty much everything, but like others have said, Chapstick! :-)

photo 2d6f681a-40e8-42e5-a771-5a26c7ad29fe_zpsdce5d654.jpg Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagedawnies79:
    I think I love you! The only thing missing is some kind of spreadsheet...I love spreadsheets. Stick out tongue

Um, yeah...I totally made a color-coded spreadsheet showing my different kinds of leave and what days it fell on (FMLA, short-term disability, paid vacation, non-paid vacation etc). It was in my binder too! 

After the hospital, it turned into a "Baby Binder" with Dr and Nurse Hotline info, feeding and diapering charts with weight in grams 2x daily (all because he wasn't gaining fast enough-I had to call those #'s in), some sleep techniques, home remedies, swaddling techniques, first food ideas....NOW it's called "Grady's FUN Book" and is mostly ripped out magazine articles, recipes, crafts, little at-home science experiments, birthday and "big boy" room ideas, places to visit etc. Yeah, I kinda geek out on this Mommy stuff! teehee

• imageStellaZ:
    imagedawnies79:

Um, yeah...I totally made a color-coded spreadsheet showing my different kinds of leave and what days it fell on (FMLA, short-term disability, paid vacation, non-paid vacation etc). It was in my binder too! 

After the hospital, it turned into a "Baby Binder" with Dr and Nurse Hotline info, feeding and diapering charts with weight in grams 2x daily (all because he wasn't gaining fast enough-I had to call those #'s in), some sleep techniques, home remedies, swaddling techniques, first food ideas....NOW it's called "Grady's FUN Book" and is mostly ripped out magazine articles, recipes, crafts, little at-home science experiments, birthday and "big boy" room ideas, places to visit etc. Yeah, I kinda geek out on this Mommy stuff! teehee

A woman after my own heart! I'm not even pg and I have a notebook of nursery ideas. I also have spreadsheets for baby finances and budget. He he!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic EDD: September 22, 2012 BabyFruit Ticker
  • What about the little mittens for LO? I 2nd the own towel too. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Wow that sounds pretty prepared.

I packed extra outfits and little toiletries and I only used my going home outfits and the toiletries.  I really wasn't hungry after I delivered so I just nibbled on the hospital food they brought me which wasn't too bad. 

• Can't believe it's this time already!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"