Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Does nobody have anything juicy to talk about today??

2»

Re: Does nobody have anything juicy to talk about today??

• imageguppysown@yahoo.com:
    I don't entirely agree with my mother/age statement either, I just wanted to point out the potential flip side of ageism that might affect you.

I'm sorry if I am rehashing stuff that's already been said on the UO post.  I haven't read it.

We have laws that require people to be a certain age to do things like entering into contracts, voting, driving and drinking because we assume most people under that age do not have either the physical ability or are not yet responsible enough to do those things.  I don't see how determining an age at which a significant number of people may not have the physical ability to continue driving and requiring them to be tested on those abilities is that different. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageCassie730:

imageguppysown@yahoo.com:
    I don't entirely agree with my mother/age statement either, I just wanted to point out the potential flip side of ageism that might affect you.

Sometimes even when you point out in very simple terms how something could effect someone on a personal level they still don't "get it" Guppy.

Cassie, I DO get it. I apologized for saying every older person drives bad and decided everyone, no matter what age, should have this test we're talking about. I get it. Thanks...

Oh and her statement was still a wrong one to make.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Mikaela is going to have a little brother! BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageKelsoXOXO:
    Ooooh so your comment WAS unnecessary. Okay, I got it now. Confused

I'm sorry, did you not start this post begging for something to talk about?Confused

• Also there are older mothers who are bad parents as well. Even if you don't 'agree' with it, it was a dumb thing to say.  I know someone who had a baby at 13 then had more at an older age (like 35) She was a bad mother either age. Age has nothing to do with your ability to parent...

imageKelsoXOXO:

I'm sorry, did you not start this post begging for something to talk about?Confused

So you come in and say your statement was the same as what I said in my UO when really you just wanted to get at me? Yeah okay.
  • Does this count as juicy? 

My best friend's ultra-conservative crazycakes DH posted a picture of a dead baby with text on it that stated, "Pretend I'm a tree and save me."  wtf?  Hmm

I promptly whipped up an image of a wolf being hunted aerially stating, "Pretend I'm a fetus and save me." 

I did it purely to answer inflammatory statement for inflammatory statement, not because it makes political sense to conflate the issues.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageCassie730:

imageKelsoXOXO:

Guppy- stop making valid points assshole. People want to make their blanket statements here on TB without getting challenged for them by flipping it back around on them OOOKKKK. Damn. Why would you try to SHOW someone how ageism could actually effect them when you could just call them a naive cvnt. Geez. Way to try to make a point.

Wow. That's klassy Cassie for ya!
  • imageKelsoXOXO:

imageKelsoXOXO:

So you come in and say your statement was the same as what I said in my UO when really you just wanted to get at me? Yeah okay.

I think this is what they call taking a statement too personally.  I'm not intersted in a personal attack my friend, just creating some interesting conversation. 

• imageCassie730:
    imageKelsoXOXO:
    imageCassie730:

imageKelsoXOXO:

Guppy- stop making valid points assshole. People want to make their blanket statements here on TB without getting challenged for them by flipping it back around on them OOOKKKK. Damn. Why would you try to SHOW someone how ageism could actually effect them when you could just call them a naive cvnt. Geez. Way to try to make a point.

Wow. That's klassy Cassie for ya!

When I'm talking about how Klassy I am I spell it Kassie. Cause all the Kool Kids spell with a K.

Yes
    imageKelsoXOXO:

imageKelsoXOXO:

I think this is what they call taking a statement too personally.  I'm not intersted in a personal attack my friend, just creating some interesting conversation. 

guppysown: "I just wanted to point out the potential flip side of ageism that might affect you."

So I'm taking that wrong then?

• imageCassie730:

I forget logic + bump = fail

• imageHeather R:

Does this count as juicy? 

My best friend's ultra-conservative crazycakes DH posted a picture of a dead baby with text on it that stated, "Pretend I'm a tree and save me."  wtf?  Hmm

I promptly whipped up an image of a wolf being hunted aerially stating, "Pretend I'm a fetus and save me." 

I did it purely to answer inflammatory statement for inflammatory statement, not because it makes political sense to conflate the issues.

I heart you.  And not just for the awesome info you sent my way yesterday:)

• imageKelsoXOXO:
    imageCassie730:
    imageKelsoXOXO:
    Guppy is old.

And Guppy is being obnoxouis, just to point out the irony of wanting older people to take tests to drive, based upon the stereotype that you are a bad driver when you are old.  This is the same as saying that young mothers aren't good moms because of their age.  Neither statements are really accurate.

Actually that's not the same. Young mothers aren't driving into restaurants because they thought that was the parking lot or running into cars because their depth perception is gone.. And I said in my UO I agree that everyone should take an annual or every other year test to make it fair, sooo...

What is this an episode of Southpark??? The reason you hear about those stories on the news is because they are NOT the norm. Not every old person out on the road is driving through the front of the Country Kitchen Cafe.

Also- I know a 17 year old who drove into a Dash In here because she hit the gas instead of the break when I was in high school. Just sayin.

Stereotyping = not cool.

Did I say every old person drives into things? No. I said I've seen too many old drivers cause wrecks or cause harm to themselves, so I thought there should be a test annually where it can be shown if they're capable of driving anymore. Some older people are in bad shape and really shouldn't be behind the wheel. Then I added that I agree the law should make everyone do this so it's fair. Sorry, I'm not stereotyping.

Studies do show that elderly drivers are more prone to accidents.  That's why insurance rates go back up when people get into their 60's and beyond. It's actual statistics, not discrimination. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageChristieRose16:
    imageKelsoXOXO:
    imageCassie730:
    imageKelsoXOXO:
    Guppy is old.

And Guppy is being obnoxouis, just to point out the irony of wanting older people to take tests to drive, based upon the stereotype that you are a bad driver when you are old.  This is the same as saying that young mothers aren't good moms because of their age.  Neither statements are really accurate.

Actually that's not the same. Young mothers aren't driving into restaurants because they thought that was the parking lot or running into cars because their depth perception is gone.. And I said in my UO I agree that everyone should take an annual or every other year test to make it fair, sooo...

What is this an episode of Southpark??? The reason you hear about those stories on the news is because they are NOT the norm. Not every old person out on the road is driving through the front of the Country Kitchen Cafe.

Also- I know a 17 year old who drove into a Dash In here because she hit the gas instead of the break when I was in high school. Just sayin.

Stereotyping = not cool.

Did I say every old person drives into things? No. I said I've seen too many old drivers cause wrecks or cause harm to themselves, so I thought there should be a test annually where it can be shown if they're capable of driving anymore. Some older people are in bad shape and really shouldn't be behind the wheel. Then I added that I agree the law should make everyone do this so it's fair. Sorry, I'm not stereotyping.

Studies do show that elderly drivers are more prone to accidents.  That's why insurance rates go back up when people get into their 60's and beyond. It's actual statistics, not discrimination. 

Thank you for this, really. I didn't mean for discrimination.
    I think people under 22 who have babies should be required to take a test in order to keep them.

this! and if you have two already and you cant take of them you get your shizzz cut out!

Photobucket AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageMrs.Gale920:

I think people under 22 who have babies should be required to take a test in order to keep them.

this! and if you have two already and you cant take of them you get your shizzz cut out!

I can't tell if you're joking or serious
  • imageMrs.Gale920:

I'm awesome.

But... I can take care of my kids, so I don't really fall into this category.

• imageKelsoXOXO:
    imageKelsoXOXO:
    Guppy is old.

But young mothers do things that put their babies at risk all the time.  And for evidence, I'll site any episode of "Teen Mom" you choose to use. 

It is stereotyping.  Saying that ALL old people ARE bad drivers is the same as saying ALL young ladies ARE bad mothers.  

Well then I'm sorry for saying ALL old people are bad drivers. Now I'm to the thought that everyone, no matter what age, should have an annual or every other year test because I agree there are many young bad drivers. But I still don't agree with your mothering/age statment. And those Teen Mom shows are so dramatic because it's MTV... they chose teens that they knew had issues for the dramatic affect of television.. Ever notice how every 16 and Pregnant season and every Teen Mom season has drama? Every girl on there has something going on and makes for good TV.

I remember some not so old posts on here that read like an episode of Teen Mom. 

• DD -double post... sorry!-

• imageklcl8981:
    imageMrs.Gale920:

I'm awesome.

But... I can take care of my kids, so I don't really fall into this category.

Wow... really? I agree with immediate PP. I'm 21, finishing my undergraduate, working full time and completely providing for my daughter. My DH is 27 and working full time to provide as well. I think people in general should have some sort of IQ test or something done. I have seen/met awful parents who were both older and younger than myself. Generalizing something like this is ridiculous.

• imageBrandi Bee:

If we are talking about the aging process affecting the human brain, we can also talk about being young affecting it.

The frontal lobe in the human brain is the part of your brain that involves your behavior choices, planning, judgment, etc.  All things you need to be a parent.  It doesn't fully develop until you are in your 20s in most people.

I'm not saying I really think people under 22 can't be parents and I don't think guppy was either.  It was quite obvious what her point was, for me.

I do know that this is true.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"