Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

NBR: OWN smells like a week old diaper bin

Maybe this is an UO or maybe it's a popular one.  I want you to yell at me in all caps and defend the queen of daytime.  Or agree with me.

I hate OWN.  I miss Discovery Health.  Brain surgery, rare diseases and icky ER trauma shows are way more interesting than backstage of a show that's about to go off the air, re-heated NBC exposes and reruns of Dr. Phil.

Oh, and I read that the ratings are in the toilet.

Discuss.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NBR: OWN smells like a week old diaper bin

• I dont want to much of either BUT I will say that I really got into the oprah making of seasn 25. I love that!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • I agree with you!  I heard it is doing very very poorly also.
    DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • Loading the player...
  • ablouablou member

I love it. I watch Season 25, Lisa Ling's Our America, and I'm looking forward to the Judds, Ryan & Tatum, and Finding Sarah.   I really liked Your OWN Show, too. 

• i completely agree with OP. i enjoyed the other shows MUCH better!
  • ITA.  I was SOOO upset when I heard she was taking away Discovery Health, because I loved that channel.  It has been all downhill ever since.  I watched Gayle's new show once and it really made me cringe.  Can't Oprah help a girl out with some tips so she doesn't look like such a fool up there?

And I give Oprah a huge eye roll for putting herself as the 2-hr season finale of her "Masters Series."  She's a smart woman and a tough cookie and I have a lot of respect for what she's done, but the ego is sometimes a bit much. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • They play all of the shows from Discovery Health on the FitTV channel now. Just a FYI!
  • I can't stand Oprah.  I think it's great that she's been successful and all that jazz, but I hate her ego, like she's the most important person in the world.  I'm still pissed that she thought she belonged on stage when Obama was elected.  That was his wife's moment to be on stage with him, not some talk show host that thinks she owns the world and is responsble if anyone else that is black does something important.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"