August 2011 Moms
Options

Eye Brows and Toe Nails

Has anyone asked their doctor about the rules about pregnancy and eye brow waxing/threading?

How about manicures and pedicures?  I thought pedicures were ok as long as no feet massage...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Eye Brows and Toe Nails

• Options
    The only thing I've heard is that your skin is extra sensitive, so it might be uncomfortable to get a wax right now, but I haven't heard of any of that being a "no" during pregnancy, especially foot rubs.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Hmm well I go to the salon and get mani/pedi/eyebrows frequently. The place I go is very well ventilated so it isn't as if the fumes are overbearing.  I ask that they go easy on the foot massage.  It takes a lot to induce labor that way, they have to really know what they are doing for anything to happen.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I son't see why any of those would be an issue. I have my brows waxed regularly and its fine. I've never had a pedicure because of a separate issue, but I know lots of my friends had them when they were pregnant because of the foot massage alone. Why wouldn't you be able to get a pedicure?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

I get my eyebrows waxed once a month, manicures twice monthly and pedicures when I can.  The only issue I've heard is the smell can bug a lot of pregnant women.  Also, if you get that shilac stuff I think it's pretty bad to soak your hands in nail polish remover for any long length of time.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My doctor told me that all of that was fine.  The mani/pedi needed to be done in a ventillated area.  I've been getting pedi's frequently since pregnancy since DH won't give foot massages (he has a foot phobia haha).

• Options
    I get pedis, but I forgo the nail polish. I try really hard to keep any unneeded chemicals away from my body. Many doctors agree that most nail polishes are ok, but I'm sorry nail polish remover smells terrible and can't be good.
  • Options

I've been doing both, and it's fine! For pedicures, I wouldn't worry about inducing labor, they are supposed to avoid rubbing a certain spot at the back of your foot, but honestly...I read up on it a bit and they have to REALLY be trying to induce labor for it to do anything and even then it's not been scientifically proven to my knowledge. 

We can't drink wine or eat cheese - I take my pleasure where I can! 

BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Fantastic!  Mini-Spa day here I come!
  • Options
    why would there be "rules" about grooming your eyebrows? Tongue Tied pedicures are fine, even with a foot massage. you're just supposed to skip the massage during your first tri.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"