Snarky and T-TTC

Whenever I look for new recipes online

I end up thinking, oh that's easy, I can throw that together. And I come up with all these ideas... Then when it's dinner time, I'm stumped and we either end up eating out or I make the same old crap I've been making for years.  Blah.  I suck at meal planning. 

someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
MSPI Moms Check-In Blog

Re: Whenever I look for new recipes online

• When you find the recipes, make a shopping list of the ingredients right then, and then write your meal plan on your fridge so you know exactly what you have to make! That might help?
  • i suck at meal planning too, mainly because it sound good when i make the meal plan, then when its time to cook it i don't want it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah, I need to write everything down. I tend to just buy the same stuff every week and then when I want to try something new, I don't have the ingredients on hand that I need.  It really is just a matter of following through and having the motivation to try new stuff.  And the motivation to cook it!
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • I'm a crazy tech geek. I have a shopping list app that I enter things into while I'm on the couch looking at magazines or recipes online, which helps tremendously!
  • I try to meal plan. I write down my list for the week. Make my list for food shopping. Then DH has to stay late at work. Or doesnt come home from work.

So, I plan 3 means for the week. He and BIL do the rest when/if they will be home!

TTC #2 since June '08

~*DD 10.21.07*~

dx unexplained

IUI #1-4 BFN

IVF#1 June 2011 BFN

IVF#2 Dec 2011

Beta#1 12/21 : 812 Beta#2 12/23 : 1634

EDD 8/25

*PAIFW/SAIFW*

• imageSerendipitie:
    I'm a crazy tech geek. I have a shopping list app that I enter things into while I'm on the couch looking at magazines or recipes online, which helps tremendously!

Ooh! What is this app you speak of? I love me a good app! :)

c/p 4/1/11

MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • The one I like the most is called "Our Groceries" for iphone/itouch. I have also used Shopulator if you have an android. I just use my Touch for shopping - the app lets you make different lists for different stores so it also helps me keep track of what's on sale where. I can't remember if it was free or not, but I love it!
  • Thanks! Just downloaded Our Groceries to my phone and it was free - always a plus! :)
    c/p 4/1/11

MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"