Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Weaning my 2 year old

Hi.  I'm new to the board but I really need some advice.  My daughter will be two on Saturday and I am having a really hard time weaning her.  She has breastfed exclusively since she was born.  She never took a bottle.  She is also a co-sleeper.  She breastfeeds in the morning, before naps, and at night.  She also wakes occasionally throughout the night. Occasionally, she does it other times throughout the day to soothe herself.  At this point it isn't about nutrition.  It's all about being close to mommy and soothing herself.  I never intended to breastfeed past one year, but one thing led to another and each month I would extend my bf time for another month.  She is to the point where she has a cavity in her mouth because she always falls asleep breastfeeding.  I want to stop breastfeeding so bad but she is having the biggest panic attacks when I try to get her to quit.  Any advice?

Re: Weaning my 2 year old

• Options
  • Options

good night sleep tight by kim west...has helped us..although my boob is still a comfort for him!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't have any advice but I am in the process of weaning with my DS too. He is also still nursing in the morning, before nap, before bed and usually once during the night. I cut the morning one first - if I get breakfast quick enough, he doesn't kick up a big fuss. It's worked the past week with no problems. I am going to drop the nap feeding next, which I'm concerned will involved tears, but once he's used to that then we'll work on the others. We want to TTC #2 and I don't want to be feedings DS still while pg. I've been delaying for a while too though - it's a hard habit to break for both of us. GL.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"