Military Families

Introductin...hi!

Hi, I'm Sayde. My husband is in the AF and I'm in DEP (sorry for the confusion). We've been married for almost a year, and we just moved to Arizona last month. I'm actually not leaving for basic for a while, and if I got pregnant this month I would safely have my baby before leaving even if I went a month overdue, so I consider myself TTC for this month, and if it doesn't happen then obviously we'll have to stop.

Edited for clarity, etc. Sorry for any confusion. :-(

image This is my mom's dog, but he was our dog for seven years before I moved out. Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Introductin...hi!

• I am fairly certain that you cannot go through basic while pregnant. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPhotobucket
  • imagelaffies:
    I am fairly certain that you cannot go through basic while pregnant. 

Correct.  I'm pretty sure they put pregnant SM's on light duty.  That means PT is a no go and therefore boot camp is also a no go.  Perhaps you meant you were waiting til after boot camp to concieve but I'm pretty sure they won't let you go through your schooling pregnant either.  Don't quote me on that one, though.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagelaffies:

Or six months afterwards. And you are not IN the AF yet. You are in DEP. That's Delayed ENTRY program. Even according to them you haven't ENTERED the AF yet.

30 Rock Pictures, Images and Photos
  • And they WILL make you pee on a stick at MEPS right before you leave, so I hope you're not assuming that what they don't know won't hurt them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPhotobucket
  • imagelaffies:

Yes

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I know a few girls that were in basic with me... they were put on admin hold and sent home bc they were pregnant.  You can't continue basic training while pregnant but a friend of mine in tech school was pregnant... just put on a waiver. 
  • Welcome!!! My DH is active duty Air Force, we are at McChord AFB.
  • imageLemonLover33:

imagelaffies:

Or six months afterwards. And you are not IN the AF yet. You are in DEP. That's Delayed ENTRY program. Even according to them you haven't ENTERED the AF yet.

Yes

imageMilitary Newlyweds FAQ Button
    I changed my name
  • Why would you TTC before you even leave for basic. That doesn't make sense. If you want to be in the military, you need to learn a little more responsibility. A responsible person would be doing something she knows is a no go. Are you going to be one of those people who purposely tries to get pregnant to avoid deployments?
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Oh wow! My DH is in the NG and I wish he could just "get pregnant" so he doesn't have to do stuff! I know you are getting hated on right now but I think you need to read what you wrote again & think about it. It doesn't sound very smart. Also saying  you are going to get pregnant before basic and then leave afterwards....who is going to take care of your baby? Also just because you say "Oh I'm going to get pregnant within the month" DOESN'T mean it will happen!! There are some women on this board of have been trying for YEARS so get in line hunnie! I'm sorry but people like you make me very ill! BTW: How old are you??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"