September 2011 Moms
Options

Speaking of asking strangers about being pg

We just got new neighbors.  They just moved in a couple of weeks ago.  We didn't get along with the old neighbors so we were pretty excited about new people.  They are about our age, seem really nice, however I think they're homebodies, so I don't think we'll be bff or anything.  BUT, I swear she's pg.  Like, really pg.  Like, almost due. 

However, they are bigger people.  Well he is, can't say for sure about her since I don't know her status.  He's pretty big though, and I don't mean big all over, but just has a huge tire around his belly, like a sloppy fat if you kwim.  So I can't decide about her.  Is she just really big like him too?  Because I swear she looks like an overweight person who also happens to be 9 months pg.  But I won't ask!  It's driving me batty though.  I just wish we saw them more often so we could chat and maybe my pg would come up and then maybe they'd say something.  I'm so nosey, I know. 

not judging overweight people though, as I sit here eating Gobstoppers :)

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Speaking of asking strangers about being pg

• Options
    Well in a couple months you'll know! Maybe look for hints..baby gear? A carseat added to their car? I like investigating things if I cant outright ask..
  • Options

I think you're going to have to wait to engage her in conversation before you can bring up your pregnancy to see if she adds anything.  That, or if she isn't pushing a stroller by the time you are... there is your answer!

As a fat preggo - I would be offended if I wasn't pregnant and someone (especially someone I barely knew) asked me if I was pregnant.  Um nope.

just to be smart: I'm not judging skinny people as I sit here chomping on my celery! :P

Just being sassy - I know you weren't putting anyone down - it just struck me funny that you were eating gobstoppers, and me celery!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Just offer up info about your pregnancy and hope they bite.  Or offer to help unpack/organize with them.  They'll appreciate the help and you can get a sneak peak.
    NetnieNay Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageAzrayla:
    Well in a couple months you'll know! Maybe look for hints..baby gear? A carseat added to their car? I like investigating things if I cant outright ask..

LOL, I have been trying to look for clues.  They both park in the garage though, so we can't see what's in their cars, what they come home from the store with, etc.  I told you, we're those creepy neighbors! 

• Options
    lol you stalkery neighbor you! Why don't you leave some sushi on her doorstep with a sign that says "eat me" and then peek through the windows to see if she takes the bait. That's a pretty logical solution to this don't you think?
    ~ Josh & Jill, married 5/2/09 ~
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageUZ2Bee:

I think you're going to have to wait to engage her in conversation before you can bring up your pregnancy to see if she adds anything.  That, or if she isn't pushing a stroller by the time you are... there is your answer!

As a fat preggo - I would be offended if I wasn't pregnant and someone (especially someone I barely knew) asked me if I was pregnant.  Um nope.

just to be smart: I'm not judging skinny people as I sit here chomping on my celery! :P

Just being sassy - I know you weren't putting anyone down - it just struck me funny that you were eating gobstoppers, and me celery!

I would NEVER!  And I have had that happen to me so there's no way in hell I'm gonna ask her! 

• Options

Mmmmm.... Gobstoppers....

That is totally all I was able to retain after reading this... you shouldn't have said Gobstoppers! :) J/K

Yeah that's tough. I would wait to see if they have empty boxes of baby type stuff at the end of their driveway on garbage day.

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I like Veronica's idea.

You could ask if they have any children. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"