Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Flying next week - small toy recs?

Please recommend your favorite small-sized toys that we can carry on the plane with us - want to get DS a couple new things just for the trip. He is riding on our lap (for the last time) this trip and DH and I are dreading it. I need ideas to keep him occupied. I've already loaded a bunch of kid-friendly apps on my phone and DH is thinking about bringing his computer for DVDs (although I don't think that will hold his attention long).
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Flying next week - small toy recs?

• DS has a magnadoodle.  It's nice because the pen is attached.  I think they make travel sized ones.  I think the apps on your phone is a good idea.  DS loves Daddy's ipod touch apps.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • travel sized etch-a-sketch and lots of books.
  • Loading the player...
  • books, snacks, sippy cup...
    click the pic (blog)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Madi Gras type beads.  I got a 5-pack in the party section of wal-mart for $1.  That is honestly all DS played with the whole 6 hours to CA and home last month.

Also, a good suggestion I read online is to pack a scarf in your carry on.  Your LO can play with the scarf (peek-a-boo, etc) and then it can work double duty as being part of your outfit during the trip.

• imageNewFamily09:
    DS has a magnadoodle.  It's nice because the pen is attached.  I think they make travel sized ones.  I think the apps on your phone is a good idea.  DS loves Daddy's ipod touch apps.

Ditto this! And they do make the magnadoodle travel size. I think it was around $10 at TRU.

• Pipe cleaners to wrap around fingers and to make bracelets/necklaces

Barrel o Monkeys game (mostly just to take monkeys in and out and take the cap on and off)

Packet of kleenex - my kid loves to take them out and shred them up

• Go to the dollar store.  I don't usually shop there, but they have a lot of little toys you can buy and pull out for the first time on the plane.  
  • imagemescolotton:
    Go to the dollar store.  I don't usually shop there, but they have a lot of little toys you can buy and pull out for the first time on the plane.  

Ditto on the Dollar Store!  We flew with DD for the first time last week and honestly the magazines and brochures and barf bag in the seat back pocket is what she played with most of the time! LOL

• imageNewFamily09:
    DS has a magnadoodle.  It's nice because the pen is attached.  I think they make travel sized ones.  I think the apps on your phone is a good idea.  DS loves Daddy's ipod touch apps.

Yes  DD's travel sized magnadoodle is a lifesaver for long car rides and flights!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageamwadas:

imageNewFamily09:

Ditto this! And they do make the magnadoodle travel size. I think it was around $10 at TRU.

I was going to suggest a travel sized magnadoodle as well.

Small board books also

• Coloring pad and crayons, legos, books.  Good luck!  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    MC #1- Jamie George 6/7/08, MC #2- Christian Aaron 1/15/09

BFP! 3/25/09 BETA 1 (4/7/09) -# 9659 BETA 2 (4/10/09) - # 19171 Born 12/6/09 - Our precious girl.

MC #3- Ashley Grace 2/15/11, MC #4- Amelia Noel 12/30/11
    MC #5- Antonio 9/8/12

BFP! 10/6/12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"