April 2011 Moms
Options

Vaginal delivery after cone biopsy

At my appt yesterday (37w 6d) doc told me I was almost completely effaced, she could barely feel any cervix, but I wasn't really dilated at all. She said she could sort of feel a "bump" and asked if I'd had any procedures to my cervix. I told her I'd had cone biopsies in 1997 and 1998. She said that because of the scar tissue I may go from no dilation to 5 cm, just POP, when the scar tissue gets popped or stretched. She said it's rare that women aren't able to deliver vaginally, but I may end up having a lot of painful contractions with no real progress for awhile - FUN! Just curious if anyone else has any experience with this? I did a little research online yesterday and found a couple mentions of my cervix/scar tissue being "massaged" to break up the scar tissue - was wondering if anyone else has gone through this, and when it actually happened (once labor started, at an appt?). TIA!
Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Vaginal delivery after cone biopsy

• Options
    My dr. didn't mention any scar tissue but I'm sure I have some.  I had no problems delivering vaginally w/ DD1.  While pg. w/ DD1 I asked my dr if there would be any complications and she said it might be considered easier after a cone biopsy w/ less cervix available (don't remember if it was dilation or effacement she was referring to).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"