Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Does nobody have anything juicy to talk about today??

Nothing at all?? I'm so boooored Sleep (Yes, this is inviting drama llamas.)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Mikaela is going to have a little brother! BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Does nobody have anything juicy to talk about today??

• I agree, I am sooo bored. We need something exciting to happen here.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers
  • imageKelsoXOXO:

who's your least fave bumpie?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageWaterLiIy:
    I agree, I am sooo bored. We need something exciting to happen here.
    Fa shazzle! Vajazzle! Stick out tongue :sigh:
  • imageyourfaceyourface:

imageKelsoXOXO:

That's a juicy question!! Buuuut I don't want her coming over here and making an appearance. She's not the "fun" kind of drama.. All I'll say is she's on another board.
  • Weddings?  What did you dislike or would liked to have done differently?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageKelsoXOXO:
    imageyourfaceyourface:

imageKelsoXOXO:

That's a juicy question!! Buuuut I don't want her coming over here and making an appearance. She's not the "fun" kind of drama.. All I'll say is she's on another board.

oh grow a pair! :P

• I think people under 22 who have babies should be required to take a test in order to keep them.
  • imageKelsoXOXO:
    imageyourfaceyourface:

imageKelsoXOXO:

Hmm, 6-9? 

• This day is dragging and I'm pretty sure if I left work early no one here would notice.
  • imageBrit710:
    Weddings?  What did you dislike or would liked to have done differently?
    In my wedding we forgot to do the intertwining arms drink lol! Also, my video camera was left in the golf cart (we got married on a golf course) so I didn't get video of it...
  • imageyourfaceyourface:
    imageKelsoXOXO:
    imageyourfaceyourface:

imageKelsoXOXO:

oh grow a pair! :P

YOU'RE a pair! Big Smile
  • imageguppysown@yahoo.com:
    I think people under 22 who have babies should be required to take a test in order to keep them.
    Wow really?

ETA: Is this directed towards me? Because I thought we were pretty civil in my UO post... I'm sorry but this statement is a little over the top (and I say this because I'm 21). And how old are you?

• imageBrit710:
    imageKelsoXOXO:
    imageyourfaceyourface:

imageKelsoXOXO:

Hmm, 6-9? 

Zip it!
  • imageALG29:
    This day is dragging and I'm pretty sure if I left work early no one here would notice.
    haha! Do iiiit.
  • imageKelsoXOXO:
    YOU'RE a pair! Big Smile

the correct response shouldve been "your face is a pair"

• imageyourfaceyourface:

imageKelsoXOXO:
    YOU'RE a pair! Big Smile

the correct response shouldve been "your face is a pair"

Aaahh damn it!!
  • imageKelsoXOXO:

imageguppysown@yahoo.com:
    I think people under 22 who have babies should be required to take a test in order to keep them.
    Wow really?

ETA: Is this directed towards me? Because I thought we were pretty civil in my UO post... I'm sorry but this statement is a little over the top (and I say this because I'm 21). And how old are you?

Just ignore it.  That was a very immature statement to make on her part. 

• imageKelsoXOXO:
    imageBrit710:
    imageKelsoXOXO:
    imageyourfaceyourface:

imageKelsoXOXO:

Hmm, 6-9? 

Zip it!

It better not be me biitch Stick out tongue

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageBrit710:
    imageKelsoXOXO:

Wow really?

wait, i want to know how old guppy is too!

• imageD_Nett86:
    imageKelsoXOXO:
    imageBrit710:
    imageKelsoXOXO:
    imageyourfaceyourface:

imageKelsoXOXO:

Hmm, 6-9? 

Zip it!

It better not be me biitch Stick out tongue

AAAAHHH speak of the devil!! Devil Haha no it's not you, goofy..
  • imageyourfaceyourface:
    imageBrit710:
    imageKelsoXOXO:

Wow really?

Guppy is old.

And Guppy is being obnoxouis, just to point out the irony of wanting older people to take tests to drive, based upon the stereotype that you are a bad driver when you are old.  This is the same as saying that young mothers aren't good moms because of their age.  Neither statements are really accurate.

Guppy is old.

And Guppy is being obnoxouis, just to point out the irony of wanting older people to take tests to drive, based upon the stereotype that you are a bad driver when you are old.  This is the same as saying that young mothers aren't good moms because of their age.  Neither statements are really accurate.

Actually that's not the same. Young mothers aren't driving into restaurants because they thought that was the parking lot or running into cars because their depth perception is gone.. And I said in my UO I agree that everyone should take an annual or every other year test to make it fair, sooo...
    imageyourfaceyourface:
    imageBrit710:
    imageKelsoXOXO:

Wow really?

Guppy is old.

Go Guppy! Yes

Even though you are talking in the third person which kind of creeps me out...

High risk momma: Diagnosed with a partially abrupted placenta at 32 weeks and sentenced to strict bed rest for the remainder. Pregnancy Ticker} {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 \strokec2 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
    imageyourfaceyourface:
    imageBrit710:
    imageKelsoXOXO:

Wow really?

Guppy is old.

Gotcha.  Makes sense 

• imageCassie730:
    imageKelsoXOXO:
    Guppy is old.

Actually that's not the same. Young mothers aren't driving into restaurants because they thought that was the parking lot or running into cars because their depth perception is gone.. And I said in my UO I agree that everyone should take an annual or every other year test to make it fair, sooo...

What is this an episode of Southpark??? The reason you hear about those stories on the news is because they are NOT the norm. Not every old person out on the road is driving through the front of the Country Kitchen Cafe.

Also- I know a 17 year old who drove into a Dash In here because she hit the gas instead of the break when I was in high school. Just sayin.

Stereotyping = not cool.

Did I say every old person drives into things? No. I said I've seen too many old drivers cause wrecks or cause harm to themselves, so I thought there should be a test annually where it can be shown if they're capable of driving anymore. Some older people are in bad shape and really shouldn't be behind the wheel. Then I added that I agree the law should make everyone do this so it's fair. Sorry, I'm not stereotyping.
  • To deny that depth perception, reaction times, etc changes when you age is just silly. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageCassie730:
    Actually...FTR...what YOU said was that "once you hit 70 years old you can no longer drive. Period." After other people disagreed with you and offered more sensible alternatives you then agreed with their logical alternatives. There's a difference between piggybacking someone else's solution and what you initially said.
    FTR I know that.. I'm not saying I didn't say that. Once I heard other solutions people inputted I agreed and didn't think of that first. I think they had great ideas and everyone should have these tests.
  • imagerobinsokj:
    To deny that depth perception, reaction times, etc changes when you age is just silly. 
    UGH thank you.
  • imageKelsoXOXO:
    Guppy is old.

But young mothers do things that put their babies at risk all the time.  And for evidence, I'll site any episode of "Teen Mom" you choose to use. 

It is stereotyping.  Saying that ALL old people ARE bad drivers is the same as saying ALL young ladies ARE bad mothers.  

• oh cassie and kelso...you girls play nice!
  • imageyourfaceyourface:
    oh cassie and kelso...you girls play nice!

Shhhh! This board actually has some life now.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    imageKelsoXOXO:
    Guppy is old.

But young mothers do things that put their babies at risk all the time.  And for evidence, I'll site any episode of "Teen Mom" you choose to use. 

It is stereotyping.  Saying that ALL old people ARE bad drivers is the same as saying ALL young ladies ARE bad mothers.  

Well then I'm sorry for saying ALL old people are bad drivers. Now I'm to the thought that everyone, no matter what age, should have an annual or every other year test because I agree there are many young bad drivers. But I still don't agree with your mothering/age statment. And those Teen Mom shows are so dramatic because it's MTV... they chose teens that they knew had issues for the dramatic affect of television.. Ever notice how every 16 and Pregnant season and every Teen Mom season has drama? Every girl on there has something going on and makes for good TV.
  • imageCassie730:

imageyourfaceyourface:

I thought I was ;-) Though my head is about to explode I didn't pull out the name calling once. I'm actually suprised there wasn't more flaming though. I'm VERY curious how many people over 70 Kelso is actually exposed to on a normal basis other than the "funny" news stories about the "old fart" hitting the gas instead of the break. My MIL is very close to 70 and very far from senile. She's perfectly capable of operating a motor vehicle.

What caused me to post my UO in the first place was that an older woman drove into a concrete wall of a store today... I'm cut off constantly by older drivers who aren't paying attention and just move into a lane, I've had to slam on my breaks because an older driver stopped suddenly in the middle of the road, etc, etc, etc.. The list really goes on. I'm not just talking about videos, I'm talking about real life experiences.
    imageyourfaceyourface:
    imageBrit710:
    imageKelsoXOXO:

Wow really?

Guppy is old.

This two comparisons are not even remotely the same.  In general, eye sight, depth perception and reaction time all decrease with age (I think we can agree on that, yes?).  There are fairly easy, non-subjective ways in which to test someone's physical ability to drive. 

There is nothing physically impairinga 22 year old's ability to parent.  The argument would be that some people that young are not mature enough or prepared enough (in a number of ways) to parent.  So what would the test be?  An emotional maturity test that I assume would be pretty subjective?  Certain financial parameters?  An analysis of their life style choices? 

I mean, c'mon...whether you agree with or disagree with requiring elderly people to have to be tested on their driving abilities, it's not even remotely the same as testing someone's ability to parent.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I don't entirely agree with my mother/age statement either, I just wanted to point out the potential flip side of ageism that might affect you.

Seriously? I'm 21 with #2 on the way. What would you test me on?

• imageKelsoXOXO:
    imageCassie730:

imageyourfaceyourface:

I thought I was ;-) Though my head is about to explode I didn't pull out the name calling once. I'm actually suprised there wasn't more flaming though. I'm VERY curious how many people over 70 Kelso is actually exposed to on a normal basis other than the "funny" news stories about the "old fart" hitting the gas instead of the break. My MIL is very close to 70 and very far from senile. She's perfectly capable of operating a motor vehicle.

What caused me to post my UO in the first place was that an older woman drove into a concrete wall of a store today... I'm cut off constantly by older drivers who aren't paying attention and just move into a lane, I've had to slam on my breaks because an older driver stopped suddenly in the middle of the road, etc, etc, etc.. The list really goes on. I'm not just talking about videos, I'm talking about real life experiences.
    I am most frequently cut off by people driving "luxury vehicles" while not using a hands free set with their cell phone. It's illegal in California to talk on your cell phone while driving without a hands free device so should we ban luxury cars too? And for the record young drivers have a much higher accident rate than old people.
  • imageCiconrad:
    imageyourfaceyourface:
    imageBrit710:
    imageKelsoXOXO:

Wow really?

Guppy is old.

This two comparisons are not even remotely the same.  In general, eye sight, depth perception and reaction time all decrease with age (I think we can agree on that, yes?).  There are fairly easy, non-subjective ways in which to test someone's physical ability to drive. 

There is nothing physically impairinga 22 year old's ability to parent.  The argument would be that some people that young are not mature enough or prepared enough (in a number of ways) to parent.  So what would the test be?  An emotional maturity test that I assume would be pretty subjective?  Certain financial parameters?  An analysis of their life style choices? 

I mean, c'mon...whether you agree with or disagree with requiring elderly people to have to be tested on their driving abilities, it's not even remotely the same as testing someone's ability to parent.

Yes

Bullshiiiiiit for sure. I had my first at 19 and my second at 22. I've been a great mom to both. I have a friend who had her first at 18 second at 20 and 3rd at 22. Great mom. I haven't even read any further than this, but I call bull for sure.

I don't entirely agree with my mother/age statement either, I just wanted to point out the potential flip side of ageism that might affect you.
    Ooooh so your comment WAS unnecessary. Okay, I got it now. Confused
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"